prologue

"Cmon," Ryan said to me, wrapping his arms at around my waist. I was folding the laundry as Ryan whined, trying not to fall for it.
"Ryan, I said no," I said to him, more sternly. He rested his head on my shoulder and looked up at me and pouted. "Why would we go in the middle of no where for a week?"
"Only a few nights," Ryan said letting go of my waist. "And it's just to relax for a few days and wind down."
"Oh you mean staying up all night while trying to drown Jack and Aubrey out while they-" I started, but Ryan interrupted before I could finish.
"The cabin has thick walls," He said moving to the other side of the bed. He grabbed a piece of clothing from the laundry basket and helped me fold it. "Plus, those walls may come in handy for the others."
He winked at me and I threw the shirt I was folding at him, laughing as I did.
"You're out of your mind if you think I'm going to that cabin again," I said laughing. "You remember what happened last time we went there? In high school?"
"Okay, so some guy got murdered across the lake," Ryan said shrugging. "That was like six years ago."
"It creeps me out, Ryan," I said, changing my tone. "I don't want to go."
"You're really going to make me go to a cabin alone with Adam, Emily, Jack and Aubrey?" He asked, looking at me like I was stupid.
"You better pray those walls are truly thick," I said, grabbing the basket and slinging it on my hip.
"Cam," Ryan called to me as I started to leave the room. "Cmon, we deserve a little vacation."
He walked over to me and rested both of his hands on my hips, pulling me close to him. His mouth was barely touching mine as he spoke.
"Imagine," He said, his breath sending tingles down my spine. "You, me, the lake, some beer, and no worries. Hell, I can make everyone else leave us alone for a few."
He placed his lips on mine, something he knew would make him always get his way. He pulled away and looked into my eyes with his big eyes.
"Fine," I said, giving up. "But if I get murdered it's all your fault, Metzger."
"Oh, you won't get murdered," he said, wrapping his arms around my legs and picking me up. I yelped in laughter as I dropped the laundry basket on the ground as he spun me around. "I won't let it happen."