Ariana nudges me and I force a smile onto my face as I follow her up the first side of the bleachers but as soon as I loop around four segments my stomach is in knots and my legs are wobbly. I certainly didn't drink enough water this morning to even support myself for this workout let alone the two little ones growing inside me. I could already feel the fainting spell creeping up on me. 

I come to a stop as I finish one set and rest my hands on my knees as I try to inhale any oxygen my body will take but I've already done enough. "Megan" Ariana says worriedly as she stops beside me. "Are you alright?"

I shake my head and quickly run out of the gym, back to the locker room and throw up. I don't notice that Ariana followed me until I feel her hand on my back. "Want some water?" I nod my head and she stands back up to retrieve me a cup and returns with it a few seconds later. I collapse against the wall and bring the cup to my lips, gulping it down and making Ariana chuckle. 

"You must be thirsty because the water here is horrible" she jokes. I chuckle, glancing back up at her. 

"Thank you" I breathe out and she smiles. 

"No problem. We've all been there." I nod my head despite the fact that I highly doubted the entire population of our high school had been pregnant with twins. 

"Ladies. Back in the gym" our teacher insists as she walks into the locker room but Ariana shakes her head. 

"I'm taking her to the nurse. She's dehydrated." Our teacher rolls her eyes but moves out of our way, allowing Ariana to guide me towards the nurses' office where thankfully, I spend the rest of my gym period. 

***********************************************************************************************

After an hour in the nurses' office, drinking more water than I think I ever have in my life, I'm released back to class but luckily it's already lunch time. Unluckily, I don't feel up to socializing so instead I escape from the building and head down to the football field to get some peace and quiet. Unfortunately for me Drake seemed to have the same idea. Either that or he was waiting on his freshman side chick. I honestly didn't know which was more likely at this point. 

"Megan" he smiles when he spots me stepping onto the bleachers. "What brings you out here?" he asks curiously. 

"Just didn't feel like sitting in the cafeteria today. I needed some air" I add honestly. He nods in understanding. 

"It seems we had the same idea." 

I quirk an eyebrow at him. "Something bothering you?" I ask invasivly. He sighs, leaning back and resting his elbows on the bleacher behind him. 

"Ariana is just being a bitch lately. She caught me flirting with that freshman yesterday and now she's got it in her head that I'm cheating on her" he adds and I press my lips together to stifle my laughter. It was clear that he was cheating on her and if he really expected anyone to believe he wasn't then he needed to step up his boyfriend game. 

"Perhaps you just need to reassure her. Prove to her how much you really love her" I suggest. 

"That sounds like a lot of work" he complains and I roll my eyes. What this boy needed was a fuck buddy, not a girlfriend. "What does your boyfriend do?" he asks abruptly and my eyes flicker up to his. 

"M-my boyfriend?" I stutter. "I don't have a boyfriend" I lie. 

"Oh, I just thought that guy from the party-."

I shake my head. "He's my ex. Nothing more" I insist. He nods in understanding as an uncomfortable silence falls over us. "I uh, I should go."

"Wait" he says, grabbing my wrist to stop me. "I'm having a party on Friday. You should come" he insists and a smile tugs at my lips. Perfect. I had no doubt that I would find something to help me in this case. 

"I'll think about it" I reply nonchalantly before stepping off the bleachers and walking away. 

***********************************************************************************************

School drags on for the rest of the day but I let out a breath of relief as I let my facade drop within the four walls of my home. "Josh" I call out but he doesn't answer me so I decide to rest my eyes for a few minutes, lying on the couch, until he gets home. 

"Sweetheart" Josh murmurs, shaking me awake. My eyes flutter open and lock on his soft blue orbs and my heart skips a beat. 

"Hey" I greet him, sitting up slowly. "How long was I out?" I ask drowsily. 

He shrugs. "I don't know. It's just past five. I brought dinner" he adds, motioning to the Taco Bell takeout on the coffee table and I smile. 

"You really know how to show a girl she's loved" I tease, wrapping my arms around his neck. 

"I try" he replies playfully and I giggle as I lean in to kiss him. 

No matter how long or how terrible of a day I may have, I knew I'd always have Josh to come home to and because of that, I knew I'd always be the luckiest girl on the planet.