xiii

i know i haven't
updated in
forever.....
forgive me

SEX SCENES AND SMILES
|    |

It was a particularly sunny day in La-La Land as the heat shone upon everyone's smiling faces. Oddly enough, the same energy was radiating everywhere, it looked like this day was going to be an extremely good one.

Mariah took upon the sidewalk towards the entrance of the set, wrapping her hand around the steel knob and opening the door. Immediately after entering, she could feel that there was something strange settled in the air. She couldn't quite place it, but noticed crew members slyly smiling at her as she walked past. Shaking it off, the girl took off towards the corner, completely deprived of the one source that kept her alive and thriving.

Coffee.

She had absolutely no time this morning to grab some on the way, seeing as she slept through all of her alarms. Again. One more time she was late to set and she was sure that a recasting would be in order.

The coffee machine soon started to make noise, making the girl tingle, eager to plop some ice in there and have the best coffee of her life. The scent was already wafting up toward Mariah's nose, so she closed her eyes and breathed it in. The girl had been in such a trance that she didn't realize someone had walked up, and was now standing beside her. "What're you doing?" A man's sudden voice startled her. Before sassily responding, she couldn't help but take notice of his extra bouncy curls today. Despite having the most chiseled facial structure and an immense amount of talent, adding curly hair to this boy was the cherry on top.

God just had to give him everything.

"I'm enjoying my coffee, Timothee. Leave me alone." The boy let out a melodious laugh, finding her annoyance amusing. Mariah tapped her foot against the tile impatiently, as it seemed her coffee would never be ready. As she looked around for an excuse not to speak to him at the moment, she noticed the commotion going on around set. She actually found it quite comforting, seeing the cast and crew in a hurry to prepare before anything was shot. Of course, the two stars were doing nothing.

"So, have you ever done a sex scene?" Timmy asked casually, leaning against the wall.

Mariah let out a chortle. "Baby, I've never done a movie. So no, I'm not exactly experienced in that field." She rolled her eyes. Finally, before she died of old age, the little machine beeped, signalling that it had completed its task. Taking her full mug out from underneath the dispenser, the girl was about to speak when a voice echoed through the building. Timothee and Mariah whipped around at the source, their startled looks soon turning into smiles.

An overexcited man skipped happily towards them. "Today is the day!" Wes sang, letting out an excited squeak as he spotted the two. The ecstatic man made his way over to where they stood, stopping right in front of them with a giggle. "Are you guys ready?" He asked eagerly.

Timothee nodded. "As I'll ever be."

Mariah nonchalantly sipped her coffee. "We've been practicing all night." Everyone in earshot snapped their heads toward the three, and suddenly everyone was listening to their conversation.

Timothee shut his eyes tight and tilted his head back, laughing awkwardly. "W-we didn't." He reassured. "We didn't." He said loud enough so everyone could hear, looking around at their knowing giggles. He even spotted one man give a five dollar bill to another. Mariah, on the other hand, took another sip of her coffee, completely blissful and completely unbothered.