v

"Hurry up!" Tom shouted, British accent echoing through the flat.

Mariah walked over to her mirror, taking a good look at herself. "Jeans and a Mac Demarco shirt?" Tom asked with a little smile, leaning against the entryway.

Mariah glanced at her outfit, then shrugged. "I look cute."

He let out a laugh. "Alright," He said, dropping it. "You nervous?" He changed the subject, plopping onto Mariah's bed.

She shrugged, not knowing how to respond.  She wasn't nervous, per se. Just a little anxious to be around such professional actors. And that Timothee guy? God he was cute.

"More eager than nervous. It's been a little too long, you know?"

"But you're gonna be fine, M." He reassured her, giving her a big smile through the mirror. Tom always knew how to make her feel better.

Mariah turned toward her friend, a mischievous grin appearing on her face.

"I know that look." Tom looked at her skeptically. "Mariah..." Before he could react, the girl leaped on top of her friend, making sure to land half on the bed, half on Tom. He let out a painful groan, making sure to exaggerate it just a tad.

After they had settled down, Tom gave her a friendly pat on the thigh. "Now go on, you're going to be late for your first day."

Mariah let out a laugh. "Bye buddy." She jumped up from her bed and grabbed her keys, excited for her first day.

Tom longingly watched her walk out of the room, his smile turning into a frown as soon as she faced away. He let out a deep sigh, flopping backwards onto the bed and staring at the ceiling with sadness.

Oh how he wanted to tell her.

»»---¤---««

"Today's gonna be fairly simple." Wes explained, looking around the room. Mariah was standing in a corner of the set, slightly hidden by a loud speaker. "Don't worry about table reading or any of that just yet. We're gonna have some fun today, kind of as an ice breaker." He reassured everyone, focusing on some of the more anxious people in the front.

"Just don't make Timothee make out with anyone again." Across the room, a guy playfully nudged Timothee in the rib, the curly-headed guy laughing cutely. This gave Wes a brilliant idea - devious - but brilliant.

Mariah mentally face palmed, right now being the moment she remembered that they'd be working together. Despite her brain fart, she felt a smile creeping upon her face as she watched him laugh. He was just so cu-

"Mariah!"

Her head snapped to where her name was called, finding Wes looking at her expectantly with his eyebrows raised. "C'mon." He waved his hand over to where he stood. Mariah followed his orders and walked over to the director, feeling all eyes on her.

"And Timothee! Let's go." He walked over to where she stood, positioning himself a comfortable distance away. She could feel him eyeing her, but she payed no attention, intriguing him.

Hard to get was a game Mariah was exceptionally good at.

"These are our main characters." Wes placed his hands on each of their shoulders, speaking out. "The couple, the lovebirds." The director explained, already feeling excitement about the film. "As you may know, there are a few certain, sex scenes," Timothee glanced over at Mariah with a small smile, noticing that she looked quite surprised.

"And to kill all of that tension and awkwardness," He grinned, intentionally waiting a few seconds for emphasis. "You two are going to make out. Right now."

Mariah thanked God that she didn't freak out, but spotted her agent from across the room, shooting him the dirtiest look. She made a mental note to beat his ass later.

Mariah sighed, turning around and finally looking at her costar. "Any preferences?" She asked, half joking, but deep down sort of curious.

He pretended to think about it. "Not too much tongue." He finally said, playing along. "I don't like the feeling of my face being sucked off." Mariah nodded her head with a faint smile.

"Not the only thing getting sucked off after this." A bystander said loud enough for everyone to hear. Timothee watched as Mariah sent a glare to the man who made the comment, enjoying her annoyance.

"Alright alright, enough with the stalling." Wes flailed his hands in the air. "You'll start on go." Mariah took in a deep breath, placing her hands on either side of his face.

His jawline was sharp.

"3," He started.

"Ready?" Timothee asked, a sly smile on his face. He pushed a loose strand of auburn hair behind her ear, grazing her cheek with his thumb. It was gentle, but it was still enough to make Mariah's ovaries burst.

"2,"

Mariah put her acting skills to good use and simply shrugged. "Let's hope you're not complete ass at this." She said, causing a laugh to escape his lips.

"1,"

Mariah noticed him leaning in closer and she started to get flustered, as his face was inches away from hers. His eyes flickered down to her lips, and he whispered gently. "I promise you, Mariah." He breathed. "I'm not."

And before the director even yelled go, she felt his lips on hers, and that was that.