Chapter 1 - Prep to go to Terra

Billy and Satasha spent the next two days in the isolation room until Doctor Jusdean cleared them. When released they slowly walked back to the rooms they had been assigned. Once inside Billy sat down and groaned, "I feel better but still feel like a star ship ran me over." This was the roughest he had felt for a long time. Even now he didn't have enough energy for much of anything. Even the idea of some bed play was enough to tire him out which was really annoying.

Satasha laid down on the couch and rested her head in his lap. When he started stroking the fur on her face she signed in contentment, "I know Yilly but you will feel better in a few days and by the time you get home you will feel fine." Her eyes closed and she started purring quietly. Too loud and it made her throat hurt. As they were relaxing the door chimed.

Neither one of them felt like moving so Billy called out, "Enter at your own risk." His showing some humor indicated he was starting to feel better. Billy tapped the new communicator on his wrist to open the door.

He wasn't startled when Engineer H'Zalon walked in since he had sensed him outside the doors. That was something new for Billy but he didn't have the energy to worry about it. When he paused at the door Billy waved him in, "Please come in and if you wouldn't mind getting us some c'shar I would greatly appreciate it. I need to take my meds." His voice was somewhat rough as he spoke. Even now he had some headaches and a bit of nausea though they had been cleared by medical.

H'Zalon paused, "Are you sure I am not interrupting. I know you are still recovering but I wanted to talk to you about the changes we would like to make to your ship. Some of what I need to know is about the voltage, current, and amps that your electrical system uses. The rest of it is going to be about the actual changes." When Billy waved him in he did so and hurried to get some drinks for the three of them.

Billy took his cup and tossed back a couple of pills and a good mouth full of the drink. He would have preferred coffee but the thought of it made his stomach sort of queasy, "Thanks. Let's start with the electrical system first and with the engines I have, there is plenty to use." The Sholan's had finally gotten around to issuing him a set of VR glasses Billy could use and he pulled them out, "Show me what you are considering and then explain the symbols you use for electricity and your PIE chart of how you utilize electricity."

The engineer grinned at him, "No trying any sneaky tactics to pick my brain Yilly." He had heard of the threats Billy had made to disassemble something. He had a feeling that was one of the reasons they had been moved to these quarters. If he was too bored, he might try. Moving him here and allowing him out would give him something to do. H'Zalon pulled up the power requirements needed for the changes that had been considered.

Billy gave H'Zalon a tired grin, "Nope, not in the mood at the moment. In a few days I might try and be sneaky but now? Not happening." If he had been feeling better, he would but now? He simply wanted to get some rest. He would talk to the Engineer to get his ship ready to go back to earth. Beyond that he really wanted to lay down and sleep. The two of them started talking about the electrical system on his ship and what the possible upgrades might require.

Satasha shook her head at the two of them. She understood much of what they were saying since it was low level electronics but she didn't want to listen, "Yilly I am going to go lay down for a while." She gave him a light kiss before going to the bedroom. Satasha wasn't in the mood to listen to Billy give headaches.

He returned the kiss and stroked her cheeks, "Go and relax love, I won't be too much longer myself." He watched her leave the room and how he loved her.

It was about two hours later when Billy pulled the glasses off, "I need to go and sleep myself. My headache comes and goes and it is starting again." He carefully stood up, "Why don't you come to dinner this evening and after we eat we can talk a bit more." He headed for the bedroom and stripped down and crawled into bed.