Chasing visions of our futures

Start from the beginning

He craved what little freedom he used to have. But then again he never had any to begin with. From the moment he was diagnosed at age four he was considered legally blind. At night he was completely blind and during the day he had no sense of depth. He never got to enjoy the world, to experience its colours and visit it's most cherished sights. Learning how to live like a blind person before he was blind ate up his time.

Freedom was something he never had. The revelation hit him like a truck

It's possible to miss something you never had.

Kirishima stood and made his way up the stairs, taking his time so he could run his fingers along the slick bannister and plaster walls. They glided along the walls until they found a doorknob, above that was a braille label with Kirishima's name on it. The label wasn't needed as his muscle was more than himself to help him navigate the house but it was still nice to have.

The door shut before Riot could even make it in, which was fine with the redhead. He wanted to be away from everyone, including his dog. After pulling open the closet door, he felt around for the only box in there buried under a pile of folded clothes. Inside the box passed a pile of cloth acting as a sound barrier was an even smaller box containing small blades he never thought he'd ever look for again. He told his friends that he'd tossed them out years ago, but he lied and didn't know why. He didn't know why he just didn't toss them out like he said he had. Something deep inside whispered, keep them, and he didn't think to question it.

A blade ended up in his hand. He let it sit there, feeling the weight of it and the coolness of the metal against his skin, tossing it back and forth before carefully running his fingers over the sharpest part. He felt a little hole somewhere near the middle where a screw would go for a pencil sharpener.

And he remembered how it used to feel against his skin all those years ago when he hated every part of himself. The thought of causing harm to himself like he used to made him hate himself all over again because he's come so far, walked through hell so many times, and doing so would be like throwing away all those years of conquest. Every last bit of work he'd done to better and make himself happy would be for nothing.

The loud buzz of his phone in his pocket wanked him back into reality. One buzz after another, a never-ending sound that began to make his skin crawl. So many texts from Mina, Kaminari, and even Katsuki came rolling in all at once, all of them questioning his whereabouts and showing concern for his well being. His fingers scanned over every single text but in the end, he only replied to Katsuki.

To: Katsuki
im fine, just didn't feel all that well
Sent at: 6:28 PM

From: Katsuki
Thats such fucking bullshit, dumb hair. I can smell the bullshit from here.
Received at: 6:29 PM

To: Katsuki
im feeling a little low, thats all. its nothing to worry about
Sent at 6:31 PM

From: Katsuki
Why?
Received at 6:33

To: Katsuki
i dunno. it just happens i guess but im okay.
Sent at 6:34

From: Katsuki
Alright. Don't do anything stupid, okay?
Recieved at 6:35

To: Katsuki
okay
Sent at 6:37

He wasn't okay. In fact, okay was the farthest thing from what he actually felt. A deep ache in his heart, thorny vines wrapping around and restricting it. Squeezing it so tightly it felt like it would burst from all the pressure. Inner pain. It was one of the worst things to feel. It can't be pinpointed the way most physical pain can and no amount of pain medication will make it go away. Describing it to people was just as hard as him trying to tell people what he saw.