VIII

Chapter eight ▪ The King's Queen

That is the flower mentioned in the story^

Vote & comment 😺

"My King, I have put our best and most trusted men to watch the Queen. 10 of them will always be in a car, 2 following miss Dahlia and the rest will roam the town in case something were to happen and they could get rid of the danger. The rest will be wearing civilian clothes and will blend in with the enviorment. The 10 civilians will change every week, so our Queen wouldn't get suspicious. So far nobody except for our Lords knows about her existance." Arnold spoke to me.

"Good. Is one of them watching her home?" I asked.

"Yes, my King."

"You may leave." He bowed and left my office.

After I decided that she will live without me until she is 18, I formed a plan. I would let her live, but she would be watched 24/7. So her freedom would be fake, though she wouldn't know.

All for her.

Dahlia's P.O.V.

I woke up in my bed startled.

God, I hope this was all a weird dream.

I lifted the covers off of my body and noticed that I was wearing a men's dress shirt. The same one the King from the dream wore. I froze and looked to my small bedside table and saw a dark red dahlia flower on top of a sealed envelope.

Oh Lord. This is really happening.

I took the flower and examined it. It was blood red and the colour made it dangerously beautiful. Just like him.

I put the flower on my lap as I reached for the letter with shaky hands. The hot summer air in my room seemed to get even thicker and warmer than before as I looked at the letter. It was sealed with wax and the seal had the letters 'AT' stamped into the red wax. Above the stamp, 'For my beautiful flower, Dahlia' was written in black cursive letters. His handwriting was a bit wobbly in some places, so I'm guessing he wrote it in an uncommon enviorment to write in.

Like a carriage.

I opened the seal and read the letter.

My flower,

I found your address after all. You look beautiful while you're sleeping. I am writing this to you because Thanatos, or T as I like to reffer to him, has been an asshat towards you and hasn't even considered how you would feel when he wanted to take you. I somehow got control back and made a plan. You have been safe in that town so far, so you will stay there. You will not tell anyone that you are my mate and you will have to stop talking to Lord Hudson, for his mate's and my own sake. You will only talk to him if necessary. I will let you have you freedom that you cherish so much, but in turn I expect you to willingly come with me to our home once you turn 18. It takes me a lot of will-power to make this decision.

With love,
Alexander

-August 23rd, 3044