The Way He Speaks. ➵ taegi

Start from the beginning

Tonight, he looked like death, and the two younger members could tell. They wanted their manager to tell Yoongi to just go home and sleep and that they'd be fine without him, but Yoongi wouldn't take it. He'd never missed a show, and was very diligent about that. No matter what was wrong, he attended every show and performed like it was the last he'd ever do. But tonight might be different. There was 15 minutes until the start of the show and the music was blasting throughout the venue, but Yoongi was still sound asleep on the couch backstage.

"He's worked so hard for tonight. Can't we just let him do this last show and then force him to go home and really sleep? Maybe even lock up the studio so he'll actually sleep?" Hoseok tried to reason with Namjoon, and eventually he finally gave in. Only on the condition that he'd be escorted home immediately after the show.

Namjoon leaned down to wake up Yoongi, and the older male woke up almost instantly. "D- did I m- miss it?"

"No, we've got 10 minutes until we start. You might wanna get changed and grab your mic." Namjoon said, looking up and down at Yoongis flannel and joggers. Yoongi quickly got up and went to grab an outfit consisting of his usual black and blue hoodie, black jeans, and black boots. Most of the fans liked this outfit on him, but others always wanted him to wear brighter colors. Either way, he wore what he wanted to wear, and went out on stage with his two best friends.

That night, during the show, Yoongi almost passed out on stage several times, but played it off as though he was completely fine. The only highlight for Yoongi, besides almost passing out in front of 600 people, was that everyone seemed to love his new song that he worked so hard on for almost 2 days straight. And their was also this very cute stranger who had the loveliest voice. They were performing a cover of a song, and Namjoon handed the mic to a crowd member, and Yoongi stopped dead in his tracks, looking over at the absolutely ethereal voice. It was a boy about college age, maybe a few years younger than Yoongi, and wow. He was just as beautiful as his voice.

There was a small meet-and-greet outside of the venue after the concert and that same boy was there, with a copy of their newest EP, and he wanted a signature from all the members. Hoseok and Namjoon were happy to sign it, but when the fan got to Yoongi, he stared straight into the younger males eyes. He saw the stars shining in them, like little sprinkles across a cupcake, they were strewn all across his eyes. But they were so beautiful. That was the only word he could use to describe this boy, was beautiful. He even made the mistake of saying it out loud.

"You're beautiful." He said, not realizing he'd said it out loud until Namjoon and Hoseok had started laughing at him, and the fans ears turned pink along with his cheeks.

"T- thank you... I love your songs by the way."

"T- thanks..." Yoongi blushed more than the younger boy, but then he realized something. He took out his notepad from his back pocket, writing a few words down and ripping it out, handing it to the boy, upside down.

Hey so I'm writing a new song, would you mind featuring on it for vocals? You have a lovely voice. Here's my number: xxx-xxx-xxxx

"Is this your way of asking me out?" The boy chuckled, and put the note in his pocket. "If so, sure. My name's Taehyung, by the way."

And that was where it all started for Yoongi.

«❦»

Taehyung came over to the studio a couple days later, after calling Yoongi the day after the show. Unfortunately, Yoongi was asleep for once and didn't hear his phone go off, but he quickly got back to Taehyung as soon as he woke up. They went over things about Yoongis style of producing and writing music over text shortly after Yoongi replied back to Taehyungs voicemail.