Chapter 1

Your P.o.v

"Madison wake up!" Scarlett shouts hitting me with a pillow,
i raise my hand pointing out i heard her and dig my face into the pillow.

"No madison get up now your going to be late" she shouts pulling me off the bed.
i groan and sit up holding the back of my head slowly allowing my eyes to adjust to the light.

"i'm up geez" i mumble clearing my throat and slowly get up avoiding the head spins  i get every time i get up to quick.

scarlett tells me to hurry up before leaving me in my dark room, i walk over opening the curtains avoiding the piles of clothes on the floor.

i walk into my own bathroom to do the usual morning routine such as showering, brushing my teeth, doing my hair and a little bit of eyeliner and mascara.
i'm not really into all the makeup but having a roommate who's a professional makeup artist she always bugs me about it.
i always try to avoid looking at myself in the mirror because i'm not happy with the way i look, nor happy with my body one little bit.

i put on my work uniform and check i'm presentable one more time before grabbing my backpack and heading out of my room.

"ready?" i ask looking over at scar who's sitting on the counter who's eyes are glued to her phone.

"scar!" i repeat louder making her jump

"o-oh yeah sorry" she turns her phone off jumping off the counter grabbing her bag and keys.

scarlett follows me out of the apartment locking the door behind us.

the car ride to work was mostly silent other then the small hums escaping our lips as we hum to the music playing on the radio.
we arrive to mcdonald's and head into the back as we hang up our bags and put on our name tags.
i check my timetable and see that i'm working the window today, great i hate working at the window coz u have to deal with all the impatient and selfish customers, frankly they need to learn a bit of respect, we don't have to make u food yet we do.

"madison there u are!" chris the manager smiles and makes his way over.

"good morning chris" i smile putting on my hat

"i need you to show the new employee the basics of the burger station" chris says running his hand through his hair

"yeah sure no problem" i fake smile, i really don't complain much i swear but teaching a new employee is worse then working at the window but i mean it'll earn me more pay so i can't turn it down.

"okay great! his names gus, he should be here any minute so just help pack the food until then" he says once more before walking to take orders at the front.
i mentally sigh as i go over and help pack some chips into a bag.

a few minuets later i see out of the corner of my eye a figure leaning against the door frame looking around, that must be him.
i walk over to him realising he's covered in tattoos, i look him up and down he's also really tall to me considering i stand at 5"1 he towers over me.
my eyes flicked between the tattoos on his face i'm not one to judge they were actually pretty cool but i wonder why chris hired him he has a strict rule about face tattoos.

i look up and politely smile "hello u must be gus i'm madison"

"i don't know am i?" he jokes with a goofy smile

i smile and motion him to follow me as i walk to the burger station

"okay u need to put these on before we start anything" i hand him a hairnet and gloves,
his eyes flicker between me and the hairnet.

"i'm gonna look like a idiot if i wear this!" he laughs shaking his head

"well arnt u lucky this is no pageant" i laugh rolling my eyes

he puts the hairnet on and hold up a dish looking at his reflection and pouts

"you totally rock that hairnet" i say trying to lift his spirit

"oh well thank you madam" he replies touching his chest

i giggle and start explaining the basics of how everything goes and which order they go in, he seemed to pick it up pretty quick plus i didn't mind working with him he was really funny he made working fun.

-

my shift finally ended and i'm hella tired i just can't wait till i can get home and take a nap.
i pin my name tag to the wall and turn around seeing someone right behind me,
i jump and punch them as a reflex i have when i get scared.
they stumble and fall to the floor.
my eyes widen as i realise who it is, i rush over

"oh my god gus i'm so sorry are u okay?!" i say shaky

"damn baby u got yourself a swing there, don't worry i'm fine i'm a big boy" he chuckles smiling like an idiot.

"ugh i feel so bad i'm so sorry" i say again grabbing his hand helping him up ignoring the word that slipped effortlessly out of his mouth.

"don't worry mads it's all good i swear" he replies pinning his name tag up

ugh i can't help but feel bad i just punched him in the face!
i go to the freezer and grab a bag of ice wrapping it in some paper towel, after a while of convincing he put the ice pack on his eye to shut me up.
we talked for a little then we exchanged numbers so we could get to know each other more because he had to go to meet up with his friends.

honestly i really don't like people.
i'm really anti social and really depressed from my childhood so i tend to keep my friendship circle small nor do i trust anyone, the only person i trust is scarlett she's the only one whose sticked with me my whole life everyone else i loved and trusted left.

-

i walk out of my bathroom and flop on my bed and take a deep breath,
i just took my anti-depressants which i hate taking it drains my energy nor does it help it just brings back memories of things i don't want to remember the only things that help are xanax something i use to ease my problems.

i open my draw taking out the container tipping it slightly as the drug i've become to trust way to much tumbles into my hand, i place the pill in my mouth swallowing it dry.
soon enough my problems wash away as i fall into a deep sleep.

-