Chapter 13: Unhappiness

~I do not own Lab Rats~

Chase's POV:

"Um, Mr. Davenport..." I say to get his attention. He turns to look and that's when he notices all the metal objects coming for me. "What do I do?" I ask as soon as the objects start to come at me with full force, and I have to try and outrun them.

As I rush around the lab, Mr. Davenport looks to be in thought about what to do.

"Hurry up," I urge. "Otherwise it will be too late when you finally come up with something!"

"Okay, okay, I got it," Mr. Davenport says. "Alright, I think I have an idea of what to do."

"Good, I would love to hear it." Right as I finish saying that, I have to duck to slivery miss getting whacked in the head by one of the inventions. Which one? I didn't care or get the chance to check. I still have to continue to run around the lab.

"We may be able to intersect all the objects, which will give Chase a chance to get in his capsule." Mr. Davenport explains to Adam and Leo. "Think you can do it?" They both nod and ready themselves.

As I turn a corner, something suddenly slams into my ankle, knocking me to the ground. I quickly look at my left ankle, and see a screwdriver stuck to it. Of course it has to be something as small and simple as a screwdriver. I look back up just in time to see everything else advancing fast, and as fast I can, I push myself back up from the ground.

I take off in a full sprint for my capsule, ignoring slight throb in my ankle. Adam, Mr. Davenport, and Leo all stand before me ready.

I duck one more time as another invention flies over my head. I hear Mr. Davenport groan in front of me, but not in pain. Instead, he's groaning in unhappiness. "I was just about to finish that." I roll my eyes at his comment, and stick my head back up. Big mistake.

I wasn't prepared for yet another random invention to pick up speed, and ram itself into the back of my skull. I fall forward, but Adam is somehow able to catch me before I hit the ground. I groan when I hit his arms, and I can hear the repetitive sound of clanking metal as Mr. Davenport and Leo hold up large sheets of nonmagnetic metal to block everything from hitting me.

Adam drags me into my capsule and closes the door in front of me. I slump forward slightly, and try my best to ignore the growing pain and throbbing in my head. I wince every time it grows, but try not to show it.

As soon as Adam had closed the door, Leo and Mr. Davenport quickly move to the side and lower the metal sheets. Every single one of the metal objects come ramming straight into my capsule, causing me to sink into the back of my capsule.

The capsule shakes and multiple dents start to appear, which makes me realize how injured I could've been if dents are actually being created by everything. Soon enough I can barely see out the front of my capsule, as it is now completely covered in all the objects.

"Chase, are you alright?" Mr. Davenport asks from somewhere in front of me.

"Yeah, I'm fine," I answer with a little uncertainty. "Well, as good as someone can be when they were almost crushed by a numerous amount of metal objects."

"This is not a time to be sarcastic," he points out with an annoyed tone.

"Sorry," I mumble.

"So, how long does he have to be in there?" Leo asks.

"Until this glitch ends, I guess." Mr. Davenport answers honestly.

"Sometimes I actually wonder if you are actually trying to figure out how to help, or if you have just given up." I admit bluntly.