Chapter 8: Helping

~I do not own Lab Rats~

Mr. Davenport's POV:

"You what?" I ask Chase shocked, but also hoping that I heard him wrong.

"Can't see," he gasps. "Mr. Davenport, I can't see!" He starts to panic a bit, so I grab his hand and rub circles on it comfortably.

"Shh..." I comfort. "You need to calm down Chase, panicking will get you nowhere."

"You don't understand!" Chase rips his hand away from mine. "If you couldn't see anything, you would react the same way!"

"Chase-"

"No, I will panic, and I won't calm down. Because, there's nothing you can do!" Chase starts to pace around the lab, consistently crashing into things, but ignoring it every time.

"Please, Chase, just calm down."

"I told you, no! If you had just experienced deafness, and then way over sensitive hearing. You would understand, and you would realize that it's only going to get worse!" I give him a confused look, even though I know he can't see it.

"Chase, I told you, I'm so close to figuring out the problem. I will promise you, now, that I will figure it out before it gets worse."

"So, it is?"

"It is what?"

"It is going to get worse." I instantly realize my mistake.

"Chase..."

"It is, isn't it?"

"I honestly don't know," I sigh. Chase has finally stopped pacing, and is now standing frozen in place, facing opposite of me. I don't have to heart, at the moment, to tell him that I'm behind him.

"That's what I thought." He sighs, and starts to feel for something.

"What are you looking for?"

"A place to sit." I rush over to Chase's side, and try and help guide him. He instantly jerks back from me. "I don't need your help."

"Yes, you do." I try and help him again, but he jerks back once again.

"I told you, I don't-" Chase cuts himself off, as he trips and falls to the ground.

"Need my help now?"

"Not, funny." He groans, picking himself off the ground.

"So, now will you let me help you?"

"Fine," Chase grumbles as he sticks his hand out. I gladly take his hand, and start to direct him to the door.

"You need to know that I get it, you're scared. But, that's no reason to panic, everything's going to be fine."

"Yeah, and how would you know that?" Shoot, I was hoping he would buy it.

"Look, Chase, I made you that promise, and I intend to keep it. Got it?"

"But-"

"Got it?"

"Got it."

"Good!" I smile, and lead Chase into the elevator.

~

Leo's POV:

"What do you think's going on down there?" I ask.

"I don't know," Bree answers.

"Do you think Chase has woken up yet?" Adam asks.

"I don't know," Bree says while getting annoyed.