Chapter 10 - At Last

"That's the plan. So when we get there, I attack the warp gate, and you just have to touch him once after I've already taken care of him."

"That... actually sounds plausible. Your idea's not that bad!"

"Haaah!? My ideas are always perfect! And you, weird hair - you could try attacking some of the other villains - the more we take down, the better."

"Hey now, my hair's not that different from yours, Bakugo..."

"Try, I don't know, the one with the many hands, for example - he looks rather important. Maybe he's their leader or something? But still, be careful, Kirishima-kun, we don't really know what his Quirk is..."

"Don't worry - I'll be fine. I just hope we can pull it off..."

***

The memories of her conversation from mere minutes ago were mixed in with the sounds of Atsuhi's ragged breaths as she was sprinting with all her might towards the central plaza, alongside Bakugo and Kirishima. She was trying her best to clear her mind and focus only on the rapid steps her feet were making, however, that clearly wasn't working out. Facing off against villains was bad enough but the three were currently about to willingly attack a group of them. Perhaps they might've been too confident. Actually, that's not it.

Atsuhi wasn't confident at all. What Bakugo had said about the warp gate did indeed sound plausible and by extent, his strategy also seemed like it was more than likely going to be a success. But then again, you never know. It all looked to be perfect. A bit too perfect. And that was exactly what worried the female.

These guys are a bunch of villains who claim they can kill All Might. Unless they're making empty threats, they're dangerous. And they probably won't be defeated very easily. So what are we even thinking? We're just some kids who-

"Hey, Atsuhi-chan! No need to get so worried - everything will be alright!" A big confident smile, albeit one which still couldn't fully hide the male's own nervousness behind it, was what the girl saw when she turned her eyes to her classmate running beside her. It seems that her anxiousness was showing on her face rather clearly, as Kirishima felt the need to do something about it. With worried eyes pointed ahead at their destination, the female replied in a quiet voice.

"You're right, it's just... No, never mind..."

It's just that... I don't want anyone to get hurt... I don't want that day to repeat again...

But that was something she couldn't say out loud. Forgetting those memories meant that she also decided not to tell anyone about them. Even if she someday found the courage to do it, there would be a lot of trust required. On top of that, now really wasn't the best time for sappy tales - not when all they were going to do was make the situation worse. So, Atsuhi was forced to swallow back her words, settling only for a solemn look on her face, which in turn earned her a skeptical glance from Kirishima, but in the end the boy just looked ahead, as he knew there was no way she could feel anything other than fear and worry at the moment.

Okay, I've got to get myself together now! No more moping around, instead I have to give it my all! To make sure we do not fail!

The female's gaze fell upon Bakugo's back, as the male was making good use of his explosions to propel himself forward and move even faster than he would on foot, forcing the two behind him to struggle to keep up. Something about his behavior was rather unusual though. No, that's not quite right. Rather, he looked to be showing a side of him that only saw light when he was really getting serious. And that side was mainly evident in how quiet he had been ever since the three had headed for the plaza where the real fight was taking place.