Chapter 8 - In A Cruel, Ironic Twist

"The press, you say?"

"Yeah, I don't even know how they managed to set off the alarm in the first place but everyone panicked."

"Still, everything turned out alright in the end, yeah?"

"Right. Ida-san successfully diffused the situation."

"Oh, he was Ingenium's younger brother, wasn't he?"

"Mhm, I never asked him myself but I'm fairly certain it's him."

"Ingenuim really is an amazing hero. I'd even go as far as to say I really admire him!"

"You admire a lot of heroes, Dad."

"So what? You do too."

"Touche. Anyway, I'm going into the school, so bye!"

"Bye, dear! Have a nice day!"

***

Saeki Ryuu hung up on his daughter, who he had been talking to up until now, and put his phone down on the table in front of him, where many piles of documents and notes on recent crimes he had yet to put away lay. They weren't what he was interested in at the moment though. Because there was one thought that kept running through his head over and over again, slowly driving him crazy. UA had a giant barrier which was supposed to protect the school from intruders. Then... how did a bunch of ordinary reporters get through it...?

And despite the anxious feeling in his gut, Lava Floor was forced to continue his heroic work for the day. He trusted UA and its teachers. He hoped that Atsuhi was in good hands.

***

It was the next day after a big group of reporters had somehow invaded UA, activating the security alarm and effectively sending all the students in a fit of panic. Everything was actually going surprisingly smoothly, in contrast to the crazy events from the previous day. It was almost like nothing had ever happened. The morning classes were just as boring as ever, the excitement for their heroic ones later being the only thing keeping the students going. Though it didn't necessarily help with keeping them awake.

And finally, with the sound of the bell, came their first hero class of the day. Their homeroom teacher walked through the door, as tired and sleep-deprived as ever, and started talking in a monotonous and bored voice.

"Now, for today's Basic Hero Training - this time All Might, I, and one more teacher will be supervising you."

Ooh, three teachers, interesting. Though I wonder what could require this many people..?

"Um, what exactly are we going to do?" A boy with straight black hair raised his hand and asked curiously. (That's Sero-san with the tape-from-the-elbows Quirk, right?)

"We'll prepare you for disaster relief, anything from fires to floods. Rescue Training!!" Aizawa mumbled as energetically as he could, holding up a card which said Rescue for the whole class to see.

Ah, rescue training! That's one of the most important things for a hero - to be able to save people and help them in difficult situations! I don't know if my Quirk will be very suitable for rescuing but there is no way to know for certain until I try!

Atsuhi was excited. One of the reasons she was working so hard to become a hero was, after all, because she wanted to be able to help everyone who needed saving. Smiling in her anticipation, she listened to the rest of Aizawa's explanation.