1x10✔️

"There must be something in the water
'Cause everyday it's getting colder
And if only I could hold ya
You'd keep my head from going under"

-Bruises, Lewis Capaldi

*****

Clarke stitched up Ash's cut in the few hours between the meeting and the crash, giving her time adjust to the dull pain the wound gives off. It's no where near as painful as the fog, but it's certainly not comfortable.

But she manages.

Now, they all walk through the clearing of what was one of the Exodus ships from the Ark. It came down two days early without warning and crashed violently.

Charred bodies are everywhere, and there's little of the ship left to give anyone intel on why exactly it crashed.

"Clarke shouldn't be out here." Finn speaks into the solemn silence, watching a stone-faced Clarke in worry.

"Her mom was on that ship, Finn. She's looking for answers." Raven replies while rolling her eyes. "Wanna help her? Find Ash and I the Black Box, hard drives, anything to tell us why this ship crashed."

"Stay sharp," Bellamy warns from his spot just right of Ash. "Grounder retaliation for what happened on the bridge is coming, just a matter of when."

Finn doesn't even bother hiding his hostility towards Bellamy when he says, "Can you blame them?"

"No," Bellamy doesn't bother hiding his either, "I blame you."

"Maybe if you didn't bring guns—"

"Both of you, shut up!" Ash snaps. They'd been fighting ever since they all got back to camp, and it's useless and frankly, annoying. "Fighting over why they're coming is pointless, it doesn't change the fact that they are."

"She's right," Bellamy notes somewhat reluctantly, "Why they're coming doesn't matter anymore. It's our job to be ready when they do. We're on our own now."

It's true. With the ship crashing, it's not very likely that more ships from the Ark will come down in time for the inevitable Grounder fight. It terrifies Ash more than she'd like to admit.

"Clarke, stop!" Raven yells, so abrupt and sudden that Ash jumps with a shriek.

They all jog over to where Clarke is standing. One they reach her, Ash understands why Raven yelled so urgently.

"What is it?"

"Hydrazine." Ash tells Clarke. "It's highly explosive. One wrong move and we're all toast."

"We need to clear the area." Raven tells Clarke and Bellamy urgently as more and more of the liquid leeks onto the ground.

Bellamy must hear the urgency as right away they get ready to move back to camp. "Okay then. Move in formation, no straggling, weapons hot. We got to get back before dark."

They move quickly, none of them knowing what, or rather who, waits back at camp for them.

*****

The weather has been slowly getting cooler and cooler over the course of the month they've been on the ground, more and more time spent in the warm drop-ship to avoid freezing at night and during the day.

That's why it's a surprise when everyone in camp waits outside, nervously muttering and glancing between the drop-ship and each other.

Ash immediately gets on high alert. "What's going on?" She shouts to the crowd in confusion.