"Murphy," One kid says bravely, "He's back."

It takes a second for the sentence said to sink in and for Ash to truly understand it. But once she does, she sprints faster than she's ever before into the drop-ship.

There's no right way to describe seeing your believed to be dead best friend sitting huddled up a corner, bruised and bloody beyond compare. It's just something that words can't quite define perfectly.

But he's right there. He's right in front of Ash, shaking with his eyes on the dirty metal floor.

She can't form words to call out to him, her brain short circuiting seeing him right in front of her.

Once her brain catches up, she cautiously and very slowly kneels down in front of him. She doesn't touch him in fear of hurting him, but she does say his name softly.

His face is different. Not just bruised and cut up different, there's a difference in his eyes. In the clenching of his jaw. He looks—much angrier than she remembers.

But Ash doesn't dwell on it. "Hey," She says instead. "Welcome back."

"Did you miss me?" He croaks weakly.

"Yeah, I did."

Bellamy comes in like a herd of elephants with a livid expression plastered on his face. He obviously didn't miss John.

"Where is he?" He demands while stopping forward, a gun in his hands that puts Ash on edge.

"Bellamy." Ash warns with a clenched jaw.

Thankfully, he backs down after a long stare-off, he and Clarke going off to no doubt try to figure out what to do with John. Ash doesn't let her mind wander on that, focusing on cleaning his wounds with a few rags instead.

"What the hell happened to you?" She whispers like a fearful child.

He just barely musters up a dark smile, "A lot."

"I'm so sorry this all happened to you." Ash's eyes begin to fill with tears, horrified that he had to go through all of this alone. She tries her best to stop the tears from escaping, but a few must as John's eyes widen and he recoils away from her in something like fear.

"Ash your eyes—" He begins before beginning to cough violently. She gives him a few seconds to let it out, but he doesn't stop. He keeps coughing until a red liquid comes down his chin and begins to make a pile on the floor.

Ash staggers backwards in surprise. "John?!" She cries out in fear. "Help!" She screams when he still doesn't stop almost a minute later. "Help! Somebody help!"

Clarke comes running in with a trail of red blood coming out of her fear filled eyes and Ash knows she must look similar if the look on Clarke's face says anything. Together, the two help John calm down while others begin to pile in, having heard Ash's scream.

Bellamy is at the front, his eyes darting between Clarke, Ash, and John and back again. "Clarke, what is this."

"I-I don't know, some kind of hemorrangic fever. You were waiting for the retalliation at the bridge, well this is it. Murphy is the wepon. We just need to contain it before—"

More liquid escapes Ash's eyes, and when she reaches up to wipe it away, her hand comes back just as red as the pile of blood right next to John. She must some sort of sound, for Bellamy reaches towards her to console her.

Clarke swats his hands away before he can do so, "Don't touch her. Whatever this is it spreads through contact."

"So what do we do?" Ash asks while holding a rag up to her eyes to try and stop the continuous flow of blood.