Chapter 1: Head Over Heels....Literally

My feet slap against the pavement as I run, my surroundings pass by in a hazy blur. I keep looking back, afraid of every shadow that moves, terrified of him catching up to me.

Sweat drips down from my forehead to my cheeks, mixing with the tears already there. My mind is racing, trying to come up with a plan to save myself.

I hear a quiet laugh in the dark, echoing around the trees around me. I push my legs to go faster, the burn excruciating, but luckily my adrenaline helps me to fight through it.

I see lights up ahead and almost laugh in relief as I realize it's headlights heading my way. I hope to god they stop and help.

I sprint in front of the lights and come to an abrubt stop. I throw my hands into the air, waving wildly and refuse to move even if they hit me. At least then I would be safe in the hospital. The car screeches to a stop, thankfully, a few feet in front of me.

I'm overcome with joy as I realize I'm safe. I can get home to my probably already worried sick mother. We can have a nice hot cup of cocoa, and I can snuggle up by the fireplace into her warm embrace. I can forget any of this ever happened.

I lick my lips, already tasting the sweet hot chocolate, when a car opening and slamming brought me back to the present.

Boots crunched on the gravel as the silouhet of a large man grew closer to me. My smile slowly started sinking as his grew larger and his face became clearer to me. Oh Jesus.

I try to run, but my feet won't budge. Fear has locked my legs and refused to let me escape. Maybe, if I yell someone out there will hear me.

Just as my scream was rising up and about to escape, another hand snaked out from behind me to capture my mouth with a damp cloth. I struggle futilely against my attacker, but I just wasn't strong enough.

I look up as the world starts to tilt sideways. The man in front of me reaches his hand out towards me, and then it all went black.
____________

A scream rips through me as I jolt up from my bed, my sheets soaked from sweat and tears. I look around me, half delirious, expecting him to be hiding in the room somewhere.

I breath a sigh of relief as I realize that I am safe and sound in my new apartment that I just moved into a week ago. He can't find me here, I reassure myself. I take a deep, shakey breath and try to calm myself.

I reach out for my phone on my nightstand, my eyes squint to focus my still bleary eyes to read the time, 7:15am.

Damn, It's still so early and I don't even have any classes today.

I flip through my notifications from YouTube. Jacksepticeye and Valkyrae both came out with a new Among Us video. Probably from the same game most likely, but still interesting to watch in each of their perspectives.

I watch both back to back immediately, desperate to distract myself from my dream. By the end of both videos I'm in tears from how hard I was laughing. Babushka is definitely my new favorite word.

I glance at the time on the upper corner of my phone, 8:30am. Ugh still so early, might as well just get ready for the day.

I sigh as I stand and strip my sweaty bedsheets to replace them with new ones. I ball up the sheet and aim at my already overfilled laundry hamper.

"Kobe!" I shout as I shoot.

It wizzes though the air and lands cleanly on top of the hamper, nearly toppling it over.

I screech excitedly and make a run around my apartment chanting my name. "Lucy! Lucy! Lucy!"

I pass my stereo and turn it on, Blue October fills the room. "I WILL KEEP CALLING YOU TO SEE! IF YOU'RE SLEEPING ARE YOU DREAMING, IF YOU'RE DREAMING ARE YOU DREAMING OF MEEEEEEE!!!!" I belt along with the song as I gather my stuff to shower. "I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU ACTUALLY PICKED MEEEEEE!!"