Chapter Three

"Chris," Lacey said, slamming the door behind us. "How do you know the biggest heartthrobs on the planet?"

"Well, I -," I started to say, not sure if she as angry, but she cut me off.

"It's awesome! I can't believe you know NIALL HORAN! And he gave you his NUMBER!" Lacey looked like she was about to pass out. She had had an emotional roller coaster of a day and I thought for sure she was going to have a heart attack if she didn't calm down. I took her hand and led her to the living room. 

"Sh, sh. Calm down," I told her soothingly. Lacey wasn't even listening to me. 

"And then you are going to get married to Niall and I'm going to get married to Harry and we're going to live happily ever after and become famous," she continued. I couldn't take it. I grabbed my friend by the shoulders.

"Lacey. Stop."

"But, but you, you-." I cupped her mouth with my hand and shook my head. We stayed like that for a couple moments until she seemed to get drowsy. I released my hand from her face and she let out a wide yawn. Lacey got up and went to her room, quietly shutting the door. I listened closely for her trademark light snoring and minutes later, there it was. 

"Ah finally," I said to myself, though I was happy she was back. I had to say I missed her constant chatting. At least she was interesting. 

Now that I was alone again, I pulled the number from my pocket and my autographed phone. Before opening up the slip of paper, I felt it over, feeling like a child on Christmas. I tried to see how long I could last without taking a peek. Not long at all. 

I stared at that precious phone number for awhile. I nearly burst from excitement. I wanted to call or text it right away, but I didn't want to seem overwhelming. I wanted Niall to think that I could be normal about this whole situation, but at heart and in in the comfort of my own home, I was going to fangirl as much as I wanted to.

"This is AMAZING!' I yelled in a whisper, careful not to wake Lacey.

I couldn't help myself. I typed the number into my phone, even added a heart at the end of his name and his own personal ringtone; a medley of his solos. Even though he was probably in the middle of dinner, I called anyways.

The phone rang on the other line for what seemed like hours. Finally, I heard his warm voice on the line. 

"How did you get my number and why are you calling me?" He sounded extremely annoyed, probably thinking I was another fan. I had to say something quick before he hung up.

"Niall, It's Chris."

" Oh hey, sorry. Thought you were a stalker."

"It's okay." I realized that I had called without anything to talk about and zero intention on starting a  conversation. So I waited for him to say something worthy.

"I had fun today. I got worried I would never see you again and I had to have a way to talk to you. Our rare meetings by luck weren't enough for me. What if you moved and I wouldn't even know? Then I would be going back to that Starbucks everyday for the rest of my life waiting for you and you wouldn't even be there. I just have to know........Sorry, sorry. If that was awkward. It's just with all the tours and stuff I have to be able to get to know people on trhe road."

It took me a moment to soak up everything he had said. Niall liked me, or at least he was pretending he did. Either way, I couldn't believe what he just admitted. I heard snickering in the background, what I guessed was the other boys, followed by Niall's serious demand for them to shut up.

"Hello? Chris?" I did some thought collecting before I let myself say something too stupid.

"Oh yes. I'm sorry, I just wasn't expecting that."

"I'm sorry if I"m being weird or anything."

"No, not at all. I uhm, I was kind of hoping you'd say that." I was glad he couldn't see me blushing through the phone. 

"Really?"

"Yeah. I've like you for awhile. Even before I met you. But that was more of a fan love I guess. Now that I know you, it's a bit different. I might actually like you, if i ever get used to the fact that girls would kill me if I dated you.

"Do you, uh, want to date me?" An unessasary question really. The harder question to answer would be, Who wouldn't want to date him?

"Yes." I said firmly.

"Good." I could almost hear his smile. "Wanna go to lunch, a real lunch, tomorrow? Then at least I can ask you in person." 

"Ask me what?"

"I'll see you tomorrow Chris. Same place in the park as today? Okay! Bye!" He didn't even wait for me to respond. My conscience told me what the question was, but my teenage self couldn't help the curiosity bubbling inside of me. I knew what he was going to ask, but I couldn't but let my imaginiation soar. 

I shuffled to my bed, my eyelids feeling heavy. My stomach growled but I was too tired to make dinner. Every day I spent with Niall was exhausting. If we were to date. I was going to have to get used to this. 

I let my mind wander as I drifted off...