Chapter 05

His fingers skidded across the window where raindrops fell, sliding down to their demise, never to be seen again. Drip, drip, drip. How he wished he could be like a raindrop; so simple and yet so beautiful, so pointless and yet so meaningful. He wished that one day, he could have a purpose like the rain, that he could amount to something more. Maybe he could be more than what he was, more than an empty shell begging to be saved.

However, at the moment he had something else he wanted more. Something he craved, something he lusted for; revenge. He wanted Harry to suffer in the same ways that he had, he wanted Harry to hurt just like he did, he wanted him to feel all the things he did but tenfold. He wanted to watch the world burn, and he wanted everyone who ever wronged him to burn with it.

Was that so wrong?

His cellular device dinging brought him back to reality, where he was just staring out at a rainy Los Angeles. He pushed his thoughts to the back of his mind and unlocked his phone, pulling up his text messages where he found a new contact had gotten ahold of him.

Hey Niall, I asked Louis for your number, I wanted to make sure to remind you not to share any details with anyone else unless I am present. If anything too sensitive gets out, it could be used against us. Thanks.

The blue eyed male raised his eyebrows as he ran his finger along the text, why did he text as though he was writing a letter to a colleague at work? Did he even have a normal social life? The man acted as though he was 75 and not the young age he really was, it was quite weird to say the least.

Niall pressed the back button in his messages, only to see that he had two people in them; Louis and Liam, and Liam definitely couldn't be considered a friend. He contemplated reaching out to his mother, the same mother he had abandoned when he ran away with Harry, the same mother that had told him time and time again that he was no good, that the Irish male deserved better.

Did he though?

Diamond eyes flickered across the room to his desk where his journal was sitting, was this even worth it? Could he really get his music back from Harry? Would the world even believe him over the beloved popstar? No, some definitely wouldn't, there would be people who would stand by him no matter what. He had devoted fans who refused to wither, he'd seen how scrappy his fan base could be, how quickly they would run to his defence, it would be the same for him once he properly served Harry court papers.

But he had to do this. There was no other options, this was all he had left, all he had of his name that had been spit on time and time again. He was going to fight, even if he came out as a loser he was going to fight.

Niall pulled up his twitter account and scrolled through his notifications, Harry hadn't blocked him off of social media because he didn't want anyone to think that there had been history between them. He was living a lie and Niall was about to pull the rug out from beneath his feet, give him what he deserved.

He recovered a photo from long ago, a picture of him and Harry when they'd first met; he had crooked teeth then but a fire in his eyes that had diminished over time and Harry.. Harry looked as innocent as ever, with his charming dimpled smile and shimmering emerald hues, there was nothing he couldn't get, and he'd proved that time and time again.

"Harry it's raining, we have to try and make it back to my place before we get completely drenched!" Squealed a very young Niall, hair a wry mess a top his head — alike to how Harry's ringlets were bouncy wildly due to the raindrops hitting them. "Come on! You are the slowest person on earth." Harry stopped abruptly, causing the blonde to stop with him, he turned around flabbergasted.

"Harry!"

A soft hand that wasn't his own reached up to caress his cheek in a loving manner, those green eyes shone with something close to what they believed to be love. Something both of them didn't understand, and would later find out wasn't the case. "You are beautiful." The curly haired male whispered, causing the Irish man's heart to increase in speed and his legs to feel like spaghetti.

"I love you."

In present time, Niall scoffed and clenched his teeth as he started down at the photo he'd recovered. Previously he'd thought he'd had no proof, he thought that he was without any evidence but it was all that he needed to take Harry down. He couldn't just stand by, as much as he appreciated Liam's help there were just some things he had to do on his own.

He turned his phone off after posting the picture to twitter and tagging Harry, with the caption; "Guess you don't tell your fans everything, huh?" He knew he was in for an earful once Liam returned home, but the satisfaction that pooled in his belly as he stared outside the window once more was worth it.

It was all worth it.