When Bianca reached home, she was surprised to see Luke sitting on the couch with his legs resting on the coffee table and his laptop placed on his lap.

"Hey." She said, drawing his attention to her. "I thought you were at work."

"I was. But then I got through with the meeting and cleared my diary for the rest of the day." He said, placing his laptop beside him and standing up.

"Why?" She questioned. "I mean. Won't you...miss work?"

"Work can wait." He stated, walking close to her and tucking a strand of hair behind her ear before placing his hand on the side of her neck, his thumb caressing her jaw. "I was thinking maybe we could decorate his nursery."

Bianca's gaze snapped up to his. "What?" That was definitely not what she was expecting from him. Although, she wanted what she had just heard to be true.

"Maybe the room closest to ours could be his room." Luke suggested, searching her face for any signs of approval or disapproval.

Bianca nodded in agreement. "But why all this so suddenly?" Hadn't you told me yesterday that this was too difficult for you?

"Well, we have to do this some time. Might as well do it now. Don't you think?" He smiled.

A smile slowly made its way on her face before she nodded enthusiastically. 

"So!" He said, pulling away from her. "What color do you want to paint his room? I'll call some professionals to get it done."

"I was thinking white and blue? And...I want to paint his room myself."

"Bianca, it might not be safe to be around paint fumes in your condition.." He pointed out, making the smile drop from her face when she realized that he was right. "But you can always decorate this nursery in other ways. Buy the crib, toys and whatever else babies require."

"Yeah. I guess." 

Luke arranged for someone professional to take care of the task of re-painting the room in Bianca's color choice.

2 days later and after the painting had dried up, they went shopping for their son's room. 

Luke hired people to help move the old furniture out and place the new furniture in the room so that they didn't have to do all that themselves.

Most of the times though, he had just watched her from afar as she stood there with her brows drawn close as she instructed people on where she wanted things to be. 

It took her only a week to put their son's nursery together, stocked with all the essentials their baby would need. 

"It looks great, doesn't it?" She looked around the room happily as she leaned closer to Luke. He had his arm around her shoulder as he copied her, his eyes taking in the room as well.

"Perfect, sweetheart. You did a marvelous job." He said, kissing her head.

She looked up at him smilingly and he dipped his head lower to steal a kiss, not being able to resist. 

She looked to where the crib was placed and smiled sadly. "I hope I get to see him."

Luke's smile vanished as he closed his eyes and looked away. He was counting on the 20-30% chance that the doctors said she has because lord knew he had tried everything. When he had suggested Bianca could go for a cesarean, the doctors had told him that that option might prove to be a fatal for both of them. 

He just wished that he'd be able to make out of this without losing Bianca because it would really leave him devastated..

3 months later