Chapter 6

*Unedited*

The car stopped in front of a tall building on the 5th Avenue. While they were on their way, Bianca couldn't help but notice the expensive shops and the people still on the streets. Probably because it was Friday night, she thought. You could just tell the difference between them and the people in her part of the city. Not that she hadn't come across them before, but tonight, she was looking at them with different eyes. These people were rich. They didn't have to worry about their house rents. A couple of hundred dollars here and there meant nothing to them.

Luke's chauffeur opened the door for her and she stepped out of the car. She craned her neck up and noticed the building where she was going to be living. Luke came to her side and placed a hand on her lower back. He instructed his chauffeur about something as Bianca straightened her shoulders, trying not to look small standing beside him.

They then proceeded to walk inside the building. The lobby that they were walking through had a very elegant layout, in the middle of which was a beautiful chandelier. It sparkled as it's crystals reflected light. Luke was greeted by the security guard and a couple of other people, both from the staff and the residents and he returned their greetings with a polite nod.

Bianca got a couple of curious fleeting glances but it didn't surprise her. She didn't look like she was from their world afterall. The people around were all dressed in anything but a jeans, T-shirt and a jean-jacket. Yep, curious glances were justifiable.

When they reached the elevator, they had to wait for just a second until it arrived. She played with her empty hands as they stepped into it. She'd thought that since her suitcase had wheels on it, it could be easily pulled by her. However, she was told that her suitcases would be brought up to his apartment and that she need not bother.

Luke punched in a password and then pressed the button to the 15th floor. He then checked his watch out of habit, like he usually did whenever he got back home. It was almost 1 AM. He had a breakfast meeting in a few hours and... he looked at Bianca, and he had her living with him now. It would be a long night knowing that she was so close to him, yet far.

She fidgeted with the buttons on her jacket as an awkward silence settled between them. Thankfully, it didn't stretch for long as they reached their floor.

They stepped into yet another lobby. It was much smaller than the one downstairs but nevertheless, it had a beautiful setup. Then Luke unlocked the doors to his house and allowed Bianca to step in first.

When she entered his house, she felt like a kid would at Disney World. The house was every human being's dream. There was a clear view of the Central Park through one of the windows, she noticed as she further stepped in the house. The set up was modern and it looked like a bachelor's house. It was spacey with no excess furniture. Everything around was there for a purpose.

"There are two bedrooms to your left and two to your right, you can take either." He said, breaking the silence between them.

"Uh... I don't mind any." She shrugged looking at him.

"Why don't you check them out and take a pick." He loosened his tie as he spoke.

"Where will you be sleeping?" That question sprung to her mind because he was offering her to check out all four bedrooms and choose any.

"Oh there is a another one that's mine. Would you rather check that one out?" He raised one of his brow in a flirtatious manner.

"No! Of course not. I was just asking." She shook her head as if someone had asked her if she'd murdered someone.

He chuckled and after a moment he asked, "I hope you've had dinner." It sounded more like I dare you to tell me otherwise.

"Yes. I have." She answered him despite his tone.