Character Interviews

Start from the beginning

9)      Dear Author, how did you come up with this story?

ᗩᑌTᕼOᖇ: Well honestly, this is a bit of an anti-climax answer. I wasn't particularly searching or mind-mapping for a plot and a story idea, it just kind of came to me one night. I came up with the title first, and then I decided I quite liked the sound of the plot so I began planning. I'd wanted to upload something to Wattpad for quite a while, and this was one of the first ideas that I came up with which I felt comfortable and confident uploading. It was a random idea, completely out of the blue, but it's made me the happiest girl alive!

10)   Dear Millie, how do you feel about Riley and Alec?

ᗰIᒪᒪIE: I love Riley, and Alec is her prince charming! I wish he'd stop eating her face all the time though. I tell him to stop otherwise Riley will break up with him because he's a bully, and Santa will put him on the naughty list but he won't listen. Riley comes over all the time now though, which is amazing because she's the only one who plays Barbie with me anymore. I want Alec to marry her so that she can be my sister and we can play Barbie all the time.

11)   Dear Joe, when did you start liking Natasha?

ᒍOE: I'm not quite sure, but I guess it was on the day when Riley was at Natasha's for the first time and we were having the water fight. That was when I first became consciously aware that I had a crush on her. I mean, we've been friends growing up and I'd never thought of her in anything but friendly way before then. It's difficult to make that transition between someone you've known your entire life and a love interest, but on that day it just suddenly came to me that the feelings I was getting towards her were anything but platonic.

12)   Dear Alec, what was your first impression of Riley and when did you realize you loved her?

ᗩᒪEᑕ: My first impression of Riley when I saw her peeking at me through the curtains was that she was pretty but geeky as well. I thought she'd be the kind of girl who vowed never to have anything to do with me and would cross to the other side of the road whenever I came near. I was used to that type from my old school- the kind who avoided me like I was some kind of a criminal. She surprised me though, that night when she chased me up to the window and started yelling. I didn't expect her to have so much fire in her, and I know now that she's nothing like what I first expected which I'm infinitely glad about.

13)   Dear Dylan, why did you kiss Riley even though you knew Alec liked her?

ᗪYᒪᗩᑎ: In some ways, I don't even know why I did it. It was a heat of the moment kind of thing- I had a crush on her, and she was standing right in front of me in the surf with the wind blowing her curls wildly around her face. We all suspected that Alec liked her, and we knew it would only be a matter of time before he realized, but in that specific second I felt unbelievably selfish. I was fed up with Alec having a life that was so much more perfect in comparison to mine. He had and still has a family that he sees every day, and he'd only recently started school and yet he was already the king. I was too selfish to give up the opportunity to kiss Riley when he was still unsure of whether he even liked her or not in the first place. I needed to give it a shot- to know whether I had a chance with this girl, and so I did. As for why I asked her out again, even after she rejected me, well I guess that was just my desperation shining through.

14)   Dear Author, why aren't you doing a sequel? Are you doing another book instead?

ᗩᑌTᕼOᖇ: It has been announced that I'm not doing a sequel, and so many of you have been curious as to why. I guess the answer to that is that I'd quite like TBBSMB to be short and sweet. In its current state, the book is unique and engaging and I could be risking that if I wrote a sequel simply by extending the plot. I'd prefer for the story to end on a one book high, rather than drag it on and risk it getting boring. I'm so happy with the way I've written this book, and it's the first time I've truly felt quite confident in my writing. This is the reason that I'm writing a completely new book altogether. I'm planning it at the moment, and hopefully the synopsis will released soon. Until then, my lips are sealed, sorry guys.