Stress Reliever

Cas came home to find Dean drinking at the table. They had been living together for only a few weeks.

Sam sat across from him with a laptop in front of him, studying whatever was on the screen as if his life depended on it. Knowing what they did, it might actually depend on it.

Dean was looking down on some books, breezing through some pages, seemingly about to give up.

"So get this," Sam said to Dean, still looking intently on the laptop. Dean looked up. "Every witness has mentioned the smell of sulfur. Demons are on a rampage." Dean took another swig of beer. His hand rubbed down his face, the gesture of his stress. Cas knew that look all too well.

Instead of talking to Sam, Dean said to Cas, "Hey, Cas. Glad you're here." Cas hated seeing Dean this stressed. He always wanted to make sure Dean was as happy as possible, which was a very difficult task. Dean was filled with anger, regret, and misery. Happiness to him was a rarity.

Dean's hand stayed on his mouth. The stress was eating him alive. Suddenly, Cas dashed forward, and he replaced Dean's hand with his mouth. Dean instantly relaxed and fell into the kiss. Sam looked away. "I'll give you two some privacy." Sam took his laptop and left the room. "Mhm," was all Dean could get out.