Seven

"What the fuck was what-" Tj started turning around, but immediately froze. "Dad." He laughed nervously, glancing behind him. "What are you doing here?"

His dad held up the bag in his hands.
"You forgot your gym clothes."

There was silence, as his dad approached him. The boy prepared for whatever was about to happen, but he didn't flinch once.

"That's not how you kiss someone shorter than you, what are you doing?"

Tj shook his head, momentarily squinting his eyes. "What?" His dad shook his head, "Why didnt you put your hand on his arm or something? You didn't even use-" "Woah, dad, dad, dad, I got it." Tj replied grimacing, before grabbing his bag with a slight smile.

"It didn't look like you had it." Tj rolled his eyes, checking the time on his phone. "It was just a quick-I'm going to be late." He replied. "Fine. Behave, and watch your language." He smiled slightly, with a nod, turning around.

Please don't tell mom about that, please.

Although he knew his dad was probably on the phone right now, because he has the nosiest parents.
-
Cyrus walked nervously into History, but stopped when someone latched onto his shoulder, making him immediately tense up.

"Hey, Cyrus." Once he recognized the voice he gave a quick sigh. "Jesus Christ, Reed."

He paused, before smiling. "Wait that's how you know I have History." Reed smiled back.

"Yeah. I just wanted to see Tj get all nervous." He confessed, causing Cyrus to let out a small laugh.

Cyrus took a minute to process that a cool kid had just came up to talk to him in class. This honestly made him wonder if this made him cool by association. He decided he was speculating, as they took their seats.

This was only the first class, and Cyrus had convinced himself something would go wrong later.
-
The bell rang, but Cyrus was always the last to leave class. His eye glanced up to see Reed waiting next to his desk.

"You're waiting for me?" He asked confused. Reed looked at the door, before turning back to him. "Only because I made a bet with myself that Tj is waiting for you."

After thinking about it, Cyrus shook his head. "Tj's at the opposite end of the hall." This didn't seem to make Reed any less confident in his last statement.

They started walking to the door, and the second it opened Reed whispered a 'yes' under his breath. Tj gave him a questioning look, before he walked away. The shortest imagined that he also mentally highfived himself.

Cyrus smirked, beginning to walk with Tj to his next class. "Wasn't your class at the other end of the hall?"

The taller boy took the books from Cyrus' hands as a response.

Now that Cyrus looked at him, he seemed the slightest bit out of breath, but he wouldn't say anything.

The brunette smiled when he finally noticed he was carrying his books.

He suddenly grew anxious as they neared the English room, realizing he had no friends in this class.

Without realizing it, his mouth was faster than his mind.

"Tj what if someone says something." He frowned, not wanting his question to upset him.

There was silence, before Tj looked at him, and smiled. "I know I changed, but I still have a reputation, Cy."

He didn't respond, not really understanding, until he handed him his books back. "I'm not known to be the friendliest." Tj added, before squeezing the other boys shoulder, and walking away.

Cyrus concluded that he meant people would be too afraid to do anything.

That or he'd beat them up?

He shook his head, trying not to worry about it, and walked in to take his seat.

[I'm disappointed this isn't longer, but oh well??]