Four

Cyrus POV

"I wanted to."

He wanted to.

"Then..yes..it's okay." A wave of emotions flood into my brain. Tj Kippen kissed me, on purpose. I absolutely hate anxiety attacks, but I mean, not complaining today.

There was a silence.

Is he going to give up being captain tomorrow, am I going to be okay if he doesn't?

I pushed the question from my mind and almost immediately another popped up.

I took a second to notice that his right knee was against my left knee. "Tj, why did you come up to me on the swing? The first time I mean."

He looked taken back, not expecting that to be my question. "I was just curious." I added.

He scratched his neck before replying with, "I saw you and recognized you from the cafeteria thing."

I found myself kind of frowning at that.

"-Was my first thought." What? "Huh." He smiled for a second, which had me confused-but it was still extremely attractive.

I waited for him to start talking again.

He"You looked sad, normally-back then-I probably wouldn't have done that-walk up to you-anyone-I mean."

Is he nervous?

I put my hand on his shoulder for reassurance. "I wouldn't have went up to you when the muffin thing happened either."

He's with me.

The memory gave me a small smile. "Well, why did you?" I asked playing with the hem of my shirt. How is he so calm?

-

Tj's POV

I'm freaking the fuck out.

"You looked sad? I don't know. I didn't like it.." He could tell I was avoiding eye contact couldn't he?

I found myself looking up at a smiling Cyrus.

"What?" My question made him smile more, bringing a tint to my cheeks. "What?"

Before I knew it, he was laughing. "That's it." I said tackled him into a fit of tickles. "Now you're laughing, huh?"

He let out a long string of laughs, trying to wiggle out of my grip. "Tj st-Tj stop!"

I obliged, and smiled softly, as he smiled back. At first I didn't realize I was still over top of him.

I glanced down at his lips, and it happened again, but longer, calmer, better.

After awhile I didn't want to, but we both sat up out of breath. I didn't want to.

A calmness settled in my brain. I pointed at the remote, asking for permission to turn the TV on.

He nodded at me, "We are studying later though." He added, earning a groan from me.

We channel surfed for a few minutes, but decided on just playing music from my phone. Cyrus stared blankly at my Spotify playlists.

"What's that face for?" I asked, handing my phone over. "I kind of just assumed you liked Eminem or something-is that Shawn Mendes-oh there's Eminem." He smiled, "Called it." I put my arm comfortably around him, I wasn't fighting with myself about it.

Cyrus POV

My head found it's way to Tj's chest, almost instantly. "I think a car just pulled in?" I looked down at his phone, that I was holding, realizing what time it was.