Chapter 45: Permission.

Brian's POV

From the moment I met Jessica, I felt an instant connection with her. I knew that she had to be a part of my life forever, in any capacity. I would've been okay if she was just my friend for the rest of my life. But I had always dreamed that she would be my wife one day. Only two years ago, I thought that would remain a distant fantasy. But now this beautiful woman has agreed to marry me. I'm in love with my best friend. And I've never been happier.

I was so nervous about the proposal because I was trying to think of the perfect thing to say. With all our history together, I felt that deserved the perfect proposal. But when Jess was consoling me about my anxiety, what she didn't realize was that she was supporting me in the proposal, not in the performance of the show. She told me to stick to what I normally do because the crowd already loved me and came to support me. She helped me realize that it didn't matter the exact words that I said. I was stressing way too much over how and when to propose. All I had to do was be myself because Jess already loves me. The only thing that mattered was that Jess and I love each other and we want to spend the rest of our lives together.

I had warned the guys that I planned on proposing to Jess. This was the biggest show of OUR careers, not just mine. I wanted to make sure they were okay with it and that I wasn't taking away any of their spotlight. But once I told the guys, they were on board and completely supportive. They seemed thrilled that I was finally asking Jess to marry me. These guys are like my brothers and they've been with me through all my biggest ups and downs. They can all see that I am truly happy with Jessica.

Although I was fairly confident that Jess would accept my proposal regardless, I still wanted to make it special. And Madison Square Garden seemed like the perfect place. Going back over six years ago, the first time Jess and I hung out, I invited her over to watch a WWE pay-per-view, which aired from MSG. Then, of course, there's our first date, where we saw another WWE live show at the Garden. That night of our first date, Jess confidently looked up at the MSG sign and told me that my picture would be up there one day. I think that's why it made Jess so emotional to see our actual picture on the building. Performing at MSG was a dream of mine, something I didn't think would come true. But Jess always believed in me, even when I didn't believe in myself.

-----

Following the proposal, it was a bit of a whirlwind for Jess and me. All the friends and family were congratulating us, and they were excited to be a part of this moment. But once everything had settled down, Jess and I finally got a chance to talk alone. I wanted her to know why I thought MSG was so important, and why I chose to propose to her like this.

"After we had our first date at the Garden, it became my goal to perform there, because I wanted to make you proud. I had this dream of proposing to you there, but I also didn't want to wait around forever in case it didn't happen. So, I gave myself a year. I told myself that if we didn't book MSG by then, I would propose to you on our first anniversary. Luckily, the guys and I found out about the show a few months before our anniversary, so it worked out perfectly," I explained.

"So, you've had this planned for a long time."

"Jessica, I've wanted to marry you since I met you six years ago. I've just been waiting for the perfect moment," I told her.

"It was perfect," she told me.

Although Jess hadn't stopped smiling since I proposed, I noticed that she couldn't stop staring at the ring.

"Is there something wrong? Do you not like it?" I asked as Jess stared intently at her ring.

"No, that's not it. It's gorgeous. It's just...This ring looks so familiar," she said, seemingly confused. I don't think she would've expected where I got the ring from.