Chapter 34: Trust.

Brian's POV

When I saw Jess talking to Seth Rollins, I just snapped. I've always hated the guy. A couple of years ago, Jess, Sal, and I went to WrestleMania 29. Jess had casually mentioned that she thought Rollins was attractive. I was already confused about my relationship with Jess, but those comments just made me more uncertain about any possibility of a relationship. We were only friends during this time. I always wanted more, but I never thought Jess would be interested in me like that. Hell, there was a time I didn't even know if she was interested in guys at all. But when she started talking about Rollins, I started to think that if she ever went after a guy, it would be someone like him. There was a time where I never thought it was possible for Jess and I to be together. But now that we are, I wasn't about to let go of her this easily. I wasn't going to let this guy come in and ruin the relationship Jess and I had built.

But the truth is, I'm scared. I'm scared that Jess will realize that I'm not good enough for her, and leave me for someone else. Maybe a guy like Rollins.

So, when I came face to face with him talking to my girl, I just LOST it.

When I watched Jess walk away from me, I considered going after her. There's so much more I wanted to say to her and more things I needed to get off my chest. But Jess said that she wanted to be alone. Maybe that was for the best. Maybe we both needed to relax before talking again, so we didn't say anything we'd regret.

I went back to look for Sal. I had left him earlier to go find Jess, which is when I saw her talking to Rollins. When Sal saw me, he could already tell I was upset.

"Dude, what happened to you? Where's Jess?" he asked.

"We had a fight," I told him.

"Oh shit, really? When you didn't come back for a while I thought maybe you two were fucking or something."

"I wish."

"What did you do this time?" he asked me.

"Why do you assume it was me?" I asked, somewhat offended.

"Because you always do something dumb."

'Thanks, buddy. I appreciate the support," I said sarcastically.

"Just tell me what happened. What was the fight about?" he asked.

"When I went to go look for Jess, I saw her talking to Seth Rollins, who she's admitted that she has a crush on. We argued about it. She got upset and left," I explained to Sal.

"So... she was just talking to another guy and you got jealous?" Sal asked, basically summing up the argument.

"Well... yes. But she's MY girlfriend. She shouldn't be talking to some dude that she has a crush on," I said.

I was trying to defend myself and justify my reaction. But that wasn't going very well. The more I talked through it with Sal, the more I realized how ridiculous I was acting. And even though we've been friends for almost 27 years, Sal didn't always take my side. He didn't mind putting me in my place and telling me when I was wrong. If anything, I could always count on him to be honest with me.

"Why do you always do shit like this? Why do you always get upset with her for no reason?" he asked me.

"I don't know. I saw her smiling and giggling with him. I just lost it. I don't know what came over me," I tried to explain.

"You need to control this jealousy and anger, because it's only going to cause more problems. You're just sabotaging this relationship," Sal said.

"I'm just afraid that she'll realize I'm not good enough for her, and she'll leave me. I don't want to lose her, I guess that's why I reacted the way I did," I told him.