Curly stopped walking when he reached the front of Tim's room. He could feel Jimmy on his heels, too nervous to touch him. He slowly turned around and nodded at Jimmy.

They had found themselves at an old diner, laughing and sipping on milkshakes with Curly's cash. Curly leaned back against the wall with one leg bent on the bench he was sitting at. He was bobbing his head to the light christmas music playing on the juke and they were sharing their fry basket like they always did. Curly felt okay.

"I sure as hell missed this." Jimmy says as he leans back and rubs his stomach.

"Me too, Jim."

"We miss you." Jimmy admitted quietly. "They want you to come back."

Curly shrugged as he washed his food down with his drink. He was sure they hadn't missed him, instead they probably felt guilty that the youngest member of their gang was running amok after they failed to keep an eye on him. "Nah, doubt it. Tim probably just feels guilty."

"He ain't been the same since you left... I'll tell you that. Shepard Gangs always on edge.. ." Curly didn't reply, instead he awkwardly played with his lumpy milshake with the spoon that came with it. Jimmy could sense the awkwardness and eventually cleared his throat. "Enough about that, what were you planning on doing for your birthday?"

Curly let out a light chuckle from the irony. For months he had been throwing it in people's faces that he'd be 17 and now it was here and he had no plans for it. He wasn't excited like he thought he'd be and surprisingly he wasn't disappointed.

"Probably have a beer and eat a cupcake."

He figured Daisy would've brought him a cupcake from a bakery, she probably remembered his birthday which made him smile. He was sort of excited about seeing her later after this.

"We could go to party... find you a few honeys." Jimmy winked.

Curly laugh and shook his head as he thought of Daisy. The idea didn't sound appealing and he wouldn't be okay with himself if he lied or hurt Daisy. Her heart was pure and he was scared doing something as evil as that would break her. Not to mention he would probably get the worlds worst ass whooping of all time from her and her brother both, surely she would tell him if a scenario like that happened.

"My girl would cut my dick off."

"Scuse me? Your girl?" Jimmy asked with raised eyebrows.

It reminded Curly of how Angela would react when he just told her some good gossip. The only difference would be is that Angela would be eager to hear it. It was like she just discovered the secrets to immortality. Angela thrived off of the information of others, she probably kept a mental notebook.

"Yeah... My girl." Curly chuckled.

"Well shit. That's a sight I thought I'd never see. You ain't giving her a ring?"

It was a thought that never came across Curly's mind. He had never been one for giving rings out because it would put him on display and if it didn't work out he'd feel stupid. But the idea of giving Daisy one, he wasn't exactly opposed to it. He figured people would probably nag her about who's ring she was wearing in the first place.

"If she wants one, she can wear my ring."

Jimmy nodded before a childish, devious smirk appeared on his face.

"Getting lots of pootang?" He asked before he looked around and leaned in.

Curly laughed at the question. For others like the Socs or middle class, the topic was found to be taboo, however hoods were passed that, they often went against the norms of society. It wasn't as if they would ever be included. He shrugged as he leaned his head back against the wall, he felt like they were boys again, laughing together in the dead of night.