Chapter 3

“Did you actually see her this time?” Simon asked with a sigh.

“No, I just heard her” Pasliee looked around.

“I’m here, Pasliee, it’s okay” Simon reassured her, hugging her back.

“Right” Pasliee muttered. When the two got home, dad wasn’t there.

“Where’s dad?” Pasliee asked, looking around.

“He’s working really late” Simon remembered. Another regular night for Simon and Pasliee, they had pizza. Simon was watching a scary movie when Pasliee walked downstairs ready for bed.

“Simon, bedtime” Pasliee said.

“I’m watching this” Simon complained.

“But you promised!” Pasliee reminded him.

“I’ll be up later” Simon said and Pasliee stomped her foot with a sigh. Simon glared at her.

“Fine” she grumbled and went upstairs. She went into her room and climbed into bed. She laid there for a hour before finally falling asleep. She woke up in her room; it was darker than she remembered. She got out of bed and went downstairs. She walked over to the door that instantly disappeared when she touched the knob. Then, the other doors and finally the stairs also disappeared. Pasliee looked around, terrified.

“Simon!” Pasliee yelled, stepping back.

“Pasliee” Miss. Sambilia called. Pasliee looked around the empty room.

“Mom?” Pasliee asked.

“Oh, sweet child of mine” she said, touching her hair. Pasliee turned around but saw nothing.

“I’m sorry, on, sweet child of mine but remember mommy does everything out of love” Miss. Sambilia tried to re-assure her.

“Mom-?” Pasliee stopped, feeling a deep stab like a sword had gone through her. Pasliee screamed for a few seconds.

“Mommy loves you” Miss. Sambilia insisted.

“Mom, why are you doing this to me?” Pasliee asked and screamed again when the sword was pulled out of her stomach and driven into her heart.

“Mom, stop it! Please st-” Pasliee started to gasp for air and fell into a giant pool of her own blood.

“Mommy loves you” Miss. Sambilia repeated. After a few seconds, Pasliee stopped gasping for air and died. She woke up for her nightmare, heavily breathing. She looked around her dark room.

“Mommy loves you” Miss. Sambilia said one last time and disappeared.

“Simon!” Pasliee screamed, running downstairs and over to Simon, teary eyed. He didn’t even look at her.

“Simon!” Pasliee called, angry and sniffling but Simon kept his focus on the horror movie.

“Simon, look at me!” Pasliee begged, more tears falling.

“Why?” Simon asked.

“Because…” Pasliee didn’t really have a reason except for the nightmare.

“You had a nightmare again, didn’t you?” Simon asked and Pasliee nodded, bursting into even more tears.

“Mom was here again” Pasliee answered.

“Mom‘s been locked up for eight years!” Simon muttered. Pasliee stood there for a minute.

“Please don’t let me go back upstairs, alone! I am begging you!” Pasliee begged, wiping her tears.

“Fine” Simon agreed. She stopped crying and he let her walk him upstairs. She got into his bed, pulling up the covers. He sighed and was about to leave when Pasliee called him. He sighed again and turned back around to see her puppy dog pout and sad eyes.

“Simon, you promised!” Pasliee sweetly reminded him.

“Fine” Simon grumbled and got into his bed. She put her head on his chest and he put his arm around her.

“Night, Simon” Pasliee muttered.

“Night Pasliee” Simon mumbled. She looked around Simon’s room, took a deep breath and closed her eyes. Simon glared down at her, wanting to go back downstairs but Pasliee had an iron grip on his shirt.  She mumbled something and scooted closer to him, already in deep sleep.