Chapter 4

When Simon woke up, Mr. Leighton was home, the sun was shining and Pasliee was still sleeping and clinging to him. Mr. Leighton walked into Simon’s room and smiled at the sight of them.

“What a cute pair you two make” Mr. Leighton jokingly cooed.

“Very funny, dad” Simon muttered.

“Did she have another nightmare?” Mr. Leighton asked.

“Yep” Simon answered.

“She made you spend the night with her?” Mr. Leighton guessed.

“She’s lucky she’s so cute” Simon muttered and then sighed.

“Are you planning on going anywhere?” Mr. Leighton asked.

“Not if Pasliee doesn’t let go of me” Simon answered.

“Maybe you could take Pasliee” Mr. Leighton suggested.

“Not the best idea” Simon disagreed.

“Why not? She’s always alone when you’re gone” Mr. Leighton pointed out.

“Maybe she likes to be alone if not with me” Simon suggested.

“Just please take her with you” Mr. Leighton begged. Simon looked down at her and sighed.

“Fine, I’ll take her” Simon agreed.

“Thanks’ Mr. Leighton said.

“You owe me” Simon told him.

“Of course” Mr. Leighton muttered.

“Going to work again?’ Simon asked.

“Yeah” Mr. Leighton answered.

“But it’s a Saturday” Simon complained.

“I know but I have to work” Mr. Leighton said. Pasliee mumbled something and moved her head up a bit. Three hours later, Simon and Pasliee were walking over to the front of the museum. Pasliee quickly noticed Stacy and Tracy. They looked different without the uniform but they still looked the same in faded blue jeans, shoes with heels and a short, flowing shirt. Pasliee tried to walk away but Simon grabbed her shoulders, walking her over. Stacy and Tracy glared at her, taking notice of her outfit: bright blue skinny jeans, black belt with diamond squares, skull and bones with two swords t-shirt and a black jacket. Her shoe boots gave her a few inches.

“Simon, you didn’t tell us you were bringing your…darling…sweet little sister with you” Tracy sweetly said, trying her best to hide her anger which apparently only Pasliee noticed. Dylan and Zack, who were also twins, smiled at Pasliee who stepped closer to Simon. They both had chestnut brown hair and lime green eyes. Dylan was just weaker than Zack.

“You’re still going to sit with us, right?’ Stacy asked.

‘Maybe if you hang out with the girls, we could hang out with Pasliee and show her a few things” Zack slyly suggested and Pasliee stepped away from him, bumping into Simon.

“She’s my little sister!” Simon complained.

“So does that mean?’ Dylan asked, eyeing her with a smile.

“No!” Simon answered. During the movie, Simon and Pasliee sat together. Simon kept his arm around her. Stacy sat next to Tracy who sat next to Pasliee who sat next to Simon who sat in front of Zack and Dylan. By the time the horror movie ended, the sun had set. Dylan and Zack, who were both seventeen and both had their driver license drove them all to the abandoned carnival. The carnival has a Haunted House that sometimes was scarier when left off. The carnival had been opened for a few months.