A Little Background

Not too long ago, scientists invented a chip. This chip would make anyone and everyone able to process things at alarming rates. Imagine being able to remember every moment in the movie you watched a year ago, that was what this chip was capable of. At first, the chip was expensive but people who had it worked harder and faster compared to people without one and it became a requirement. Anyone over the age of 25 must get a chip or else they couldn't get a job. Chips became something paid for by the government. The age 25 was chosen because of it being the age our brains become fully developed. 

Kids that were raised by people with chips ended up having developmental disorders because the chips took away our emotions. They made us more like robots. Eventually, another update was made and some people didn't get chips. It was a choice given to us by our 25th birthday to choose to get the chip or not. Some people didn't get to choose because we can only allow so many people to get chips and only so many can't get chips. Those of us who didn't get chips took care of the kids and were basically governmentally paid babysitters also known as teachers but with a higher pay because we were actually necessary for our society's future. Without us, the kids would not grow healthily. They wouldn't be able to grow strong without a nurturer. 

Now, the way the chip was inserted also changed throughout the years. Originally we had to get a surgery but nowadays we just take a shot and the chip finds its way to our brains. It's way less scary to have to take a shot versus getting brain surgery.  Way simpler the opening up someone's head, too. There's always that group of people that don't get a chip out of a fear of losing themselves, but that just opens up spots for more people to get chips. Some people don't get it because they love kids which I don't understand. Don't get me wrong though, there's a handful of people forced to get one by their family and a handful of people that don't get chips to keep their loving relationships. 

With chips, you can't exactly have relationships and after you get your chip you can't get it out. It's not an easy choice, to have to choose your dream job, smarts, and power or family, love, and emotion. You can't have a good relationship without emotions and the chips take those away. Life must've been easier when you didn't have to choose. I can't even imagine the joy of being able to have both sides of the spectrum. All I can say is that it must be nice.