His face drops suddenly as realization kicks in. I watch him bring his head back up to meet my eyes.

"I didn't mean to...it's just your so, so- just so naive sometimes. I'm only trying to bring out your potential." He speaks sincerely.

"Potential?" What potential do I have? I never had potential to fight, be strong, or be anything, really. And if he's referring to me running with him, then that still doesn't count. I was selfish.

In all honesty, the only reason why I ran with him was to protect myself and no one else. I knew it was only a matter of time before we got caught. So before we ran, I weighed my options; stay here and deal with Rich, or leave and get caught, only to deal with Rich. Even if I had stayed or went with Jake I would have been tormented. So either way it went, I was bound to lose. I always have been.

"Yeah," He sighs while getting up. I notice him wince while clutching his stomach. I don't wander what's wrong with him because mine hurts too.

"You have so much potential and power to be more than great. To get us out of here. I mean you're the only one who can turn this whole thing around. I see it, Rich sees it, but you don't."

Turn it around? How can I turn this around. What has happened to us both cannot be undone. We've both lost loved ones, and we were both taken. The only way out of this is exactly what Rich said, death.

"He isn't going to let us go, he'll kill us first. We're never getting out. Don't you get that?" I raise my voice without faltering.

"Have you seen the way he literally gawks at you? You remind him of someone. I mean, it's obvious Livie, he even carved something into you." He holds onto his abdomen as he paces. "Oh, and let's not forget the favortism he shows toward you. I'm his own fucking nephew and he hates my guts!"

His shout makes me jump, but my mind stays planted. He only gawks at me because he's pyschotic, or just wants to get under my skin, either way staring doesn't prove anything. And even if I did remind him of someone, wouldn't he care enough not to harm me? Deep down inside I think I know who I remind Rich of, but I'm not willing to accept it. Not now.

He clears his throat, forcing me out of my reflections.

"Favortism?" I question once I recover. "He hasn't shown me any favortism, and as far as they way he looks at me, it's only because he's some, sick, perverted freak who can't control himself." I scoff, highly offended that Jake would any indicate that I am Rich's favorite.

"Yeah, you're right,"

My eyebrows furrow from his change in tone. I watch him sit next to me and then capture my eyes with a glinting smirk.

"You're not his favorite. You're just brainwashed by him because you can't think for yourself. He knows he can control you." He crosses his arms whilst shaking his head.

"Just because your plan to leave was a fail doesn't mean you have to attack me." Look at what Rich has done to us. We'll never be the same carefree, alive teenagers again.

Jake will never be that happy-go-lucky guy with popularity and good looks, and I'll never be that happy, friendly, girl with amazing friends, and loving parents again. You know that saying, 'you never miss what is good until it's gone'? Well, I miss my mom, dad, school, my life and my friends. Even though I was a nasty person to all of them, I still miss them despite them not missing me. 

"Our plan to leave failed. Remember, we're a team now, sweetheart."

My face turns red and with a look of disgust, I glare daggers at him. But before I can retort, a sudden urge to vomit forces me to run to the corner of the room. My ankle throbs before I feel my body abruptly fall forward. I don't make it far because my chain stops me. Falling on my face, I sit up. With my palms against the cool concrete and my head down, I hurl the remaining contents of my stomach out.

Once I'm done, I crawl over to the mattress, feeling a sudden round of chills. My entire body is sweating profusely but I'm not hot, I'm freezing cold. Hugging myself, I curl into a ball.

"What...what did he do...to that pizza?" He groans loudly from the far side of the room. He's still chained too.

With my mouth suddenly drier than the sahara, I try to swallow. Everything hurts, from my throbbing head to the aches in my feet. My symptoms have gone from bad to worse the longer I lay shivering on the beat up mattress. I don't know what Rich used, but it's enough to get his point across.

With a shaky breath, I call out to him.

"I'm... I'm sorry! We're sorry!"

I keep repeating it until the sound of the door slamming shut, and feet thudding down the steps alerts me of his presence.

"You think that will make me reverse it?" He bends down to my quivering body with a look of intolerance. I feel his rough hand grip my chin, forcing me to grimace. Every part of my body is overly sensitive to pain and movement.

"What...is it?" Jake pants loudly. I can't see him because I'm facing away, but I do know that he's in just as much agony as I am.

"It, is just the beginning," He smirks sinisterly while penetrating my soul with intense, garnet eyes.

With heavy foreboding and teary eyes, my panic sky rockets at the calmness in his silk like voice. It's the way he speaks before acting wickedly. It's the calm before the storm.

I have another urge to vomit, and it's not just because of my illness. The bad feeling in me tells me that if he doesn't kill us, he'll make us regret being alive.

--*--

Unedited

So, what do you think will happen now? Will they survive whatever Rich has planned?

vote, comment,fan. Thanks for reading :)