Part 2

Because you didn't have something to do after your arrival, you stood on the lobby, cluelessly roaming the room. For an old and almost forgotten building, the condition of the manor was still very good — maybe there were woods that started to rot, but beside it, the furniture were still good to use. You saw a small, green toolbox on a table near you. It was not dusty like the table, so someone might be often to use it.

     "Hello, are you a new player here?"

     You were shocked by a gentle voice from behind you, then turned back right away. You saw a girl around your age with a straw hat, smiling sweetly at you. You quickly recognized her as Emma Woods, The Gardener, according to your father's report.

     You decided to stay calm, and pretending that you didn't know anything about this place, or anyone else in this manor. You cleared your throat, then smiled back.

     "Yes. My name is _______ _______, nice to meet you."

     "My name's Emma Woods, but you can call me Emma. Can I show you to your room? Uh ... What number your room is?"

     "I think it's F111, if I remember correctly."

     "Okay! Follow me!"

     You followed Emma that was walked very fast. Suddenly, she stopped, then turned back.

     "Sorry, I forgot my toolbox." She took her green toolbox, then rubbed it gently.

     She stared at the toolbox lovingly, like there's something really mattered that connected with her toolbox.

     "Don't worry, darling. I'll fix you." She talked very softly, almost like a whisper that you couldn't manage to hear what she said. You decided to shrug it off, even though you felt something was off.

     Emma raised her head, then frowned a little. "Apologies! Sorry for making you waiting for me. Shall we go?"

     You nodded. "That's okay. Thank you, Emma."

     You followed the brunnete, leading you to a dining room. You examined the room. The chandelier was still in a good condition, but everyone never used it anymore. The source of light were only from few candles set on the walls and on the table. The moonlight couldn't go through the room, because there was woods nailed to the window to cover it. The dining table was made from cherry woods, with plates already prepared neatly on the table.

     "Emily and Fiona are preparing for dinner tonight. You should join us! I'll introduce you to the others."

     You nodded. Soon enough, you arrived in front of your room. Emma said her goodbye, before leaving you on your room.

     "Good-bye, _____. If you need anything, just call me! I'll visit you if the dinner is ready."

     "Where are you going?" You asked.

     "Uhm, to my room I guess? Well, see you later _____." She said nervously. It was clear that she tried to hide something. But after all, you just met her, and it's not nice if you shot her with a lot of unnecessary questions. In the end, you tried your best to shrug it off — again.

     You wandered around your bedroom, and sat on your bed.

     "Huh, not too bad." You said.

     In fact, the bed was so comfortable. You didn't know that your father offered such a hospitality to the players in this manor. The room had one bed, one dressing table, one wardrobe, few chairs, sofa, coffee table, and other things. Most of them were made of mahogany woods or cherry woods. You started to tidy up your clothes, and then wore up a sky blue dress that ended up on your knees.

     Not long after that, there's a knock on your door followed by a familiar voice.

     "_____, are you there? The dinner is ready!"

     "Coming!"

     ***

     You sat nervously beside Emma on the dining table. Almost everyone who were in the table stared to you curiously. You noticed that there were only Survivors on this table, but not the Hunters. You guessed that your father placed them at the different wing of the manor, not far from the Survivors, but had a certain prohibition.

     "Emma, who is this?" Asked a girl beside her, who wore a white and blue uniform. Her eyes were showing gentleness and curiosity at the same time.

     Emma mentally slapped herself because she forgot to introduce yourself to the others. She stood up, then cleared her throat. But it seemed that the room stayed busy and noisy, until a girl in a brown military outfit stood up and clapped her hand.

     "Attention, please. It seems that Miss Woods want to tell you guys something." She half-yelled to the room. The room went very quiet after that. She sat down after smiling to Emma, giving her permission to continue.

     "Thanks, Martha."

     Martha nodded, then Emma continued. "Guys, I wanna introduce ______ to you. She's a new survivor on this game!"

     You stood up nervously, trying your best to calm yourself.

     "My name is _____ ______. I'm a new player, and I hope I'll be a good acquaintance." You bowed slightly.

     "Oh, she's so cute!" Said a girl wearing a purple dress. She was spraying a perfume, not bothering if a male wearing a green parka beside her was annoyed by it.

     "Vera, I think you shouldn't bring your perfume for the dinner." Said a guy that was wearing glasses, noticed by his friend's annoyance.

     "Lucky, it's an aromatherapy. It's relaxing, Hun. Beside, I think Naib should relax himself more."

     "Yeah! He's always lookin' stressed out. Maybe that's why he's bad at decodin'." A male wearing western-styled outfit laughed, which annoy Naib more.

     "Hey yo! I'm bad at decodin' too! But that's because I liked sport much and good at kitin' Hunters, not doing those decodin' chipers thingy." Answered a guy in a blue rugby outfit.

     "Can't we just eat already? It's hard to make all of these food." A girl you guessed as the Priestess, replied in a loud voice.

     Martha nodded, "Fiona's right. Let's eat, then."

     The dinner was undeniably delicious. Everyone seemed to enjoy their meals, and there were many compliments given to Emily and Fiona, who had cooked the meal earlier. You found yourself drowned in each other's —somehow warm— presence.

     ***