Slight Mishap

Elanore leaves the Ravenclaw common room heading to Transfigurations with Professor Dumbledore. Ravenclaw's shared this class with Hufflepuff, Newt's Hogwarts house. As she walks in and takes a seat, she frowns a bit noticing Newt wasn't there. Everyone filed in...but still no Newt. Dumbledore starts class even in his absence. Elanore looks back worried for him, but notices Leta, running away past the class. She glares at this and the sound of a scream rings out drawing attention. Elanore jumps up seeing a Jarvey rush into the classroom. It looked dazed and hopped up to begin attacking a student. It said words incoherently and Elanore rushed over, grabbing the creature. The creature rived in her hands and she glares at him, her eyes shining in its.

"Stop." she said in a strict tone causing the creature to immediately calm down. It looks in her eyes that shine brightly with a secret power. It slowly falls limp and asleep in her hands. She sighs and groans feeling dizzy from using her ability she refused to often use.

"Pippet!" Newt rushes over.

"Newt, how did he get out?" He looks over and takes the sleeping Jarvey.

"Must've slipped out while I was getting ready. I left my case under my bed, the latch had to have gotten loose." Elanore sighs, opening her mouth to say something when Headmaster Dippet and other professors rushed in. Dippet took one look at the student, the Jarvey, and Newt.

"Scamander!" he marches over. Elanore stands in front of Newt.

"Professor Dippet, please I can expl-"

"No defending Scamander this time, Miss Enchantress. Step aside." she bites down on her cheek refusing to move at first. Newt steps out behind her.

"It's alright...I am responsible." he steps in front of Elanore. Elanore looks at him worried as Dippet appeared angrier than before.

"My office...NOW." Dippet turns his back stepping to his office. Newt follows behind him. Elanore looks down as professors file out. Dumbledore walks up behind her.

"You alright, Miss Enchantress." she looks up at him.

"I'm fine Professor...what's going to happen to Newt?"

"I don't know...." she looks down her heart dropping to her stomach. She clenches her jaw and runs away to where Leta had gone. Elanore finds Leta hiding in the cupboard her and Newt used to keep some creatures.

"What did you do?!" she yells with a dangerous glare. Leta looks up and stands.

"Pippet...please don't be angr-"

"YOU don't get to call me that?! Do you realize that someone could have gotten hurt?! Jarveys are not to be messed with!" Leta looks down ashamed.

"I know...but-"

"Newt is taking credit for it..."

"What? Why would he do that? He could be..."

"Expelled. Because of you!" The two girls glare deeply at one another. Leta with guilt and sorrow, but Elanore with hatred. Leta could feel Elanore using her abilities to infiltrate her mind and she began to feel pain.

"Elanore, stop!" Elanore went wide eyed and backed away, allowing Leta to drop. She looks down, fearful and angry at Leta and herself. "It's alright...I know you can't control it. I'm sorry, I didn't mean for any of this to happen. Please, forgive me." Elanore glares more, hating Leta for being so kind, seeing Leta as faking it in her rage.

"If you want me to forgive you...then don't EVER let me see you again. And, stay away from Newt. He is better off without you!" Elanore storms out of the room, leaving a distraught Leta.