THREE; THE OTHER WOMAN

Start from the beginning

Can you please say my full name?

Needless to say, the request caught him off guard, but he obliged. Of course, he watched as her finger pointed to where she had written down her full name priorly, but he didn't need to look down. He knew her name, it was one he could never forget.

"Tyne Darya Ayers," he said and watched as a golden light seemed to flicker around her throat and around her head, taking a form of what appeared to be a muzzle before disappearing. Immediately, Tyne began coughing, attempting to clear her throat. A raspy sound escaped from her lips before Theseus quickly leaned over and grabbed her a glass of water.

She took a couple of sips before holding the glass in her lap and looking down at it. Quickly growing impatient with the slight desperation to hear her voice, Theseus was about to prompt her to speak again, but she beat him to it.

"Hello, Theseus."

Her voice was as soft as he remembered it, very similar to her smile that just offered instant comfort. There was a difference to it, of course, as time had gone on, her voice had matured, but still, it was easily distinguishable as Tyne's voice. And yet, to hear it and then remember that seconds before she had removed what appeared to be a silencing spell on her, left him to wonder who didn't want her speaking.

"Who put that curse on you?" he instantly questioned, bringing Tyne to instantly look away. He didn't mean to be so forward but he needed answers. Didn't she want to give him answers so that he could bring people in to receive the justice they deserved? Even if other members of the Ministry were too preoccupied with other matters, he wasn't going to just brush it off to the side.

Obviously, someone or something had caused Tyne harm, he could see it with the scars, he had witnessed it with the burns. Someone had wanted her to remain quiet as well by casting a curse over her so that she couldn't speak. The only way to unleash it was by speaking her name. If she had been taken by someone to a place where no one knew her name, she was bound to silence. It killed Theseus internally to think of what she had been through and he was only going based on theories because she had yet to reveal the truth.

But rather than answering his question, Tyne simply shook her head at the question, she wouldn't tell him. He didn't know what to make of that, he was willing to help her, but it was like she didn't want that sort of help.

"Tyne, if more people were involved, if people were hurting you, you need to tell me who they are," he said, " they need to be brought in for their crimes. You can't just let them get away with it! Look at your scars, did you do that to yourself?"

"No."

"Which means that someone else did? Someone else hurt you. Don't sit there and allow them to get away with it. They can't hurt you, I promise. I'm going to keep you safe but you have to give me some information or I can't do my job. If those people are out there, if they're not hurting you, they could be hurting someone else. What about...what about your mother?"

Wrong move.

Almost instantly, Tyne broke into sobs as she buried her face into her hands. He didn't mean to upset her, the last thing he ever wanted to do was to make her cry. Apparently, Tyne was not ready to open up about what she had faced and judging by how hard she was crying, Theseus had a sinking feeling in his chest that things had not ended well for Nineve Ayers. Slowly leaning forward on the hospital bed, Theseus opened up his arms attempting to give her a hug.

He was hesitant to move too fast, not wanting to scare her, so he remained still and allowed her to come the rest of the way. Eventually, she looked up again and saw him holding out his arms awkwardly with a look of slight discomfort on his face. Rather than leaving him hanging, she leaned forward as well, only she didn't wrap her arms around him. Instead, her forehead came to rest on his chest and she remained completely still.