"don't tell me we're gonna go camping in middle of winter?"

jason laughed, momentarily looking over at me, "we're not. though if you want, we can go camping in may or in summer."

within minutes jason was pulled onto the street that i lived on and stopping in front of my house. it astonished me that he remembered my address from when i told him like week or two ago.

"so this is how the upper middle class live," he practically scoffed as he looked over the two story town house.

my eyebrows pulled into a frown, deep down i hoped that he wouldn't be like everyone else. he wouldn't judge me for the way my parents chose to live, but i guess i was wrong. grabbing my backpack, i tightly held onto the book as i opened the passenger door and got out of the car. slamming it closed, i angrily and disappointedly walked around the front of the car, hurrying up the pathway and to the front porch.

suddenly i didn't want to pack my things and go to god knows where with him. i rather lock myself in my room and watch movies while eating junk food.

"justin?" jason called form behind me, a door slam following moments after. however i didn't turn around. "justin?" he called again.

clenching my jaw, i quickly turned around, glaring at him, "what jason? what is it?" i practically yelled, fuming with anger, "got more comments about how big the house is or the two car garage, or my parents vacationing in tahiti for two fucking weeks? what is it, spit it out since you have so many comments and an opinion that you want to share with the world!"

he blinked, stupidly standing at the end of the pathway, "i was just gonna say that i'll pick you up in hour and half..." he trailed off, his blue eyes moving around, desperately searching for something — i could clearly see that from where i stood, "unless you don't want to come with anymore..."

taking a deep breath, i attempted to tame my anger, "how do you expect me to go somewhere with you when you make comments like that about the way me parents chose to live?" i questioned, slightly tilting my head to the side. "when i told you about how they are, i hoped that you would be that one person who wouldn't judge me for that."

"you know that's not how i meant it."

"how do i know you didn't meant it like that?"

"justin," he replied, his lips in a line and a stern look on his face, matching with the tone of his voice. "i took it seriously when you told me about how your parents are, and this," he gestured behind me, "doesn't make me think of you any differently. quite the contrary, it makes me understand even more what you said, because look around you. all the other houses, even being all built by the same plan, don't look near as expensive as your house. says a lot about the type of people your parents are."

looking around, i could see it. jason was right, the other houses weren't near the level of wealth that our — my parents — house was.

"so we cool?" jason asked, one eyes cocked up as he stared at me, "we still on for later?"

nodding my head, i watched as he smiled before getting back inside his car. calling out that he'll be back in around two hours, he drove off. turning around, i rushed inside the house, locking the front door behind me i raced up stairs to my room and over to the white dresser. pulling open the drawer filled with my socks i looked for that one pair. unrolling the christmas socks that i never wore, i pulled out the plastic baggie and dry swallowed one xanax pill.