Prolouge

I looked up at the white tiled cealing and I instantly knew where I was. I continued to stare at it as my life began flashing before my eyes.

The time my sister, Jasmine, was killed in a car accident. The time my parents told me that we were moving to England, because the memories that we had in America were to much to bear. When we arrived in England and drove to our new house to begin a new life. The time the neighbors came over to meet us, and that's when I met Kevin, who became my best friend. Another time, when Kevin and I were 10 and laying under a huge oak tree at the park. I remember the exact words that we said.

"Aliyah?" Kevin asked

"What?" I answered, turning so I could see his face.

"Do you ever think about what will happen when we grow up?"

"Not really. Do you?"

"Yeah. I do."

"What do you thinks gonna happen to us, Kev?"

"I think.. We're gonna grow up and get married." I giggled at his answer.

"What?"

"We're 10 and you're thinking about marrige?"

"Yea.. I am.." He trailed off and looked into the distance at the sun, which was setting.

"Is there something wrong, Kevin?"

"No... It's just.. I like you Aliyah, and I have since the day I layed eyes on you." He answered. He turned to me, and before I had the chance to respond, I felt his lips brushing against mine.

"I love you, Aliyah Jensen. I always have and always will. Nothing in his world can tear us apart.

"I love you to, Kevin, but I'm not ready for a relationship yet. Maybe in a few years?" He looked away, a hurt look on his face.

After a few more memories, I felt someone touching my shoulder. It was my parents. They were looking at me, and I knew something was wrong. Then I got it.

They had been hiding things from me ever since we had moved to England, and they didn't know that I knew about their secerets. They were living with lies and telling me stories so I wouldn't be hurt. But now, looking into there faces, I was more hurt then I had been in a long time. I stared at there faces, and they began to spill there stories and uncover there lies.

"Ali, you remember Jasmine, don't you?" My mother ask asked me.

"Of course I do, she was my twin sister."

"Well, when I gave birth to you, it wasn't just you and Jasmine." I looked at her, shocked and she continued. "There was another baby, a boy, and we named him Jacob. When you were 5, he was in a car accident. We thought he was dead, but we got a call a few days before and it was him. We were so surprised. He wouldn't tell us exactly where he was, but he did say he was here in England.We've been trying to find him. But the same day we got the call from Jake, you and Kevin had gotten into a car crash and you're both in the hospital still. Kevin's ok, and so are you. You should be able to come home in a few days, but you have to take it easy."

I continued staring into there eyes as they leaned down to hug me.

"We have to go, but we'll be back tomorrow." Mom said. I watched as her and dad turned to leave and I began to think.

I had a brother. I tried to remember what he looked like, but all i got were memories of Jasmine and I when we were little, before she had gotten killed. Jacob was gone by then, and I thought I was an only child. Until now. Now everything has changed, and will never be the same again.