Chapter 3

****Aaliyah's POV****

Kevin got up from the couch after we had agreed to finally go get pizza. He opened the door for me so I got up and walked out. Before he followed me out, he shouted up the stairs to Jake.

"Jake!! I'll be back in a little bit!! Ali and I are going out for pizza!"

"Ok, but when you come back, don't bring Aaliyah with you. I don't want to see her again!" I heard Jake shout back. Kevin rolled his eyes and pulled the door shut.

"Some brother he is." I muttered to myself. Instead of going back and shouting something rude to Jake, I walked over to Kevin's car and got in, when my mom called.

"Ali, honey, you need to come home, it's an emergancy." She said, crying.

"Ok, mom. I'm on my way." I said, panicking. "Kevin, I need to go home. It's an emergancy." I told Kevin, as he backed out of the driveway.

"Ok." Was all he said. He began speeding down the road, and before I knew it, we were in my driveway. I gave Kevin a kiss on the cheek before climbing out of the car and runnung inside the house.

Once in the house, I was greeted by my mom, who was crying.

"Mom, what happened?" I asked her, really freaking out.

"It's... It's your father. He went out with some friends and got drunk and decided to drive. He.. he ran a stop sign and hit someone and..." She started crying even harder.

"And what? Mom is he ok?" I asked.

"Honey, he's at the hospital and he.. he's probably not going to be alive much longer." By now, she was crying so hard that she could hardly speak.

I stood there, shocked. My father had never done anything like this. He was way to smart, at least I thought he was. If he dies, I don't know what I'm going to do.

Why does life have to be so hard?

***** A/N *****

Hey guys! Sorry it's been so long. 

I know that the chapters are short and I'm trying to make them longer. Also, I'm gonna try to update more often, but I have school starting soon.

Pic of Aaliyah and Kevin to the side >>>>>

Let me know what you think :)

Maramista :)