Chapter 13: Life is a Gamble

Start from the beginning

"Y-You cheated." A huff of disbelief was relinquished from me.

"No. I said I'd get it. And I did."

"By breaking the fucking machine."

"It did the job." And I caught that same fucking smirk from the raven-haired boy as he turned the corner back into the main road. It was so obviously written on his face. He'd already won.

"God, you're ridiculous!"

"Looks like someone is a sore loser. Twenty bucks. Or are you that air-headed that you've already forgotten?"

I clicked my tongue in annoyance as I fished through my wallet, which pathetically only held four sticks of gum and a coupon for half-priced pizza as hostage. "I may be a little short on cash. I swear, if I didn't get that extra-large fries that came with a bucket of soda," I added before he would retort, "Which you had half your share of. So, don't you complain yet."

"So, you basically can't hold onto your end of the bet. Spare me the excuses."

"Calm your tits, Levi. You'll get your twenty tomorrow."

"That's not how it works, brat."

"That's your problem." At the sight of my stuck-out tongue, he immediately rolled his eyes.

"Alright. I'll let it go ..." His orbs shifted calculatedly as we strolled. That glint in those beady eyes. I wished I had some Flex Tape to weld those lips shut before the next words were uttered, "if you kiss me."

"Seriously, go to hell."

"Well, it's not like I'm getting anything out of it." He argued defensively, "You were gonna break a broomstick in front of me. So, I'd say this is fair. Unless, if you'd prefer to sleep with me or something. Either way, a bet is a bet."

"Okay, okay, I get it." I grumbled in acceptance, more so to shut him up, "But close your stupid eyes. I don't want to feel like kissing a dead fish."

"Did you just call me a dead fish?" He narrowed his eyes.

"Bitch, maybe I did. Now can you just close them before I change my mind?"

They eventually fluttered shut obediently. Ragged breathing. Sharp bobbing of his Adam's Apple as he swallowed. Occasionally, those paper-thin eyelids quivered in anticipation. We stood in the middle of the pathway like characteristic obnoxious assholes, spearing through the other pedestrians that dissipated around us.

"Stupid kids." Someone harshly hollered as they moved past. Levi remained indifferent, not surprisingly. My blush deepened behind my hair.

With God and the city as my witness, I reached up tentatively. Fingertips lightly grazing across the apple of his cheek, I hovered my pursed lips over his. The ridge meeting his brow crumpled slightly in response to my delay. A thumb swept across his chin, wedging him in place to stop him leaning in. My eyes darted to the ground in panic, whilst my mind scurried through all the possible ways to get out of this.

In an instant, I caught a strange lump in the side of his jeans. Without thinking, I harshly grabbed him by the nape of his neck and reached into his pocket to uncover a hidden granola bar.

"Oh~!" I whistled teasingly in his ear, "So THIS is what you've been keeping in your pants."

I could tell that dodgy statement had drawn some unwanted attention from the pedestrians pushing past us. It's almost as if God Himself was shaking his head at me.

Hazel, he would ask, why are you like this?

But I can't help it, and I'm not apologising for who I am. And by the look of Levi's expression, this was almost better than pouring all of his Windex down the sink in front of him. It was worth it.

I blew a flirtatious kiss at him and bolted down the main street towards the mall, presumably where the others were, a stolen naked Titan in one hand, stolen food in the other. While the wind did its usual bitch of a thing of tearing through my hair, trying to tie me back down to the boy who dashed after me, I laughed hysterically. The granola bar wrapper crinkled deceitfully with its printed fruits. Nice, Hanji would love this diabetic shit.

"You little shit, how dare you! Get back here!" He called out in frustration.

"Can't do! I'm too busy jerking off to that hot Titan plushie you got me." I turned and screamed back at him.

Looks of horror rotated towards us.

His dark scowl contrasted my bright grin.

You think you're the only one who can get away with it?

Well, two can play that game. 

---------------------------------

[a/n]: 

LMAO it was truly a loss