chapter seven

Ella isolated herself for a week before she decided she'd come out again. She couldn't risk seeing Chris, not that he didn't come to her house. He had tried twice already but she was simply too embarrassed with her actions to face him. She didn't know why, maybe it was cause he wasn't exactly available.

Of course now she was leaving, cause a week in the house was enough. Being cooped in all day was killing her and she just had to go for a walk. She figured she'd go through the treehouse trail, it was kind of a shortcut to the main parts of town. She was only hoping to see one of the people she'd met so far, besides Chris.

Once she made it to town it wasn't quick till she saw familiar face. There was Veronica, sitting in a booth by a window at the diner. She waved and Veronica looked but avoided greeting her in return. She sat with a group of girls and they all looked like they were snickering about Ella. Well one of them hiding their mouths and one of them pointing at her gave it away. Veronica then rolled her eyes at Ella after what was being said.

Ella was confused as to what just happened but only regret coming out in the first place. She found herself walking faster only to bump into a tall broad guy.

"Watch it will ya?" He said rather rude.

"Sorry." She said, trying to avoid anymore mean looks from people. She tried to walk away but the guy stopped her by touching her shoulders softly.

She stopped with his action, kind of intimidated by the tall man in a dark t. She took his features and he had blue eyes with obviously bleached hair, he also had some stubble. He looked attractive but also like a bad person to be associated with.

"No, I'm sorry, darling. My fault." The guy said once he noticed how gorgeous she was.

"It's alright." Ella said awkwardly and tried walking away.

"I didn't catch your name?" He tried to stop her. She only looked back quickly.

"Bye," She said while walking away.

*

Ella was almost home and she was exhausted. She was lost as to what Veronica's problem was and what the deal with the other guy was. This place was weird and she just wanted to go back home.

When she arrived she had only wished she'd stuck in town a little longer. There he was, waiting on the front porch of her grandfathers house. She couldn't deny she was a little flattered, just still a little embarrassed.

"What are you doing here?" She asked him. She crossed her arms and stood in front of him as he sat on her stairs.

"I'm sorry, am I not welcomed?" He asked. He didn't find it fair that she ran out on him. He just wanted to finish things how they left off.

"You should've got the idea the other times you showed up." She said coldly. She didn't understand why she said that, I guess she was caught off guard, especially with all that happened today. She didn't mean to take it out on him, but she just wanted to go straight to her room and wait till summer was over.

"I'm sorry, but I wanted you hear me out.. I was shocked when you said that at the treehouse." He paused and grabbed her hand. "You don't have to talk to me, but just let me tell you this.. when I first saw you, I knew I had to have you, and I was 13. Gordie knows I was upset when I couldn't find you again.. and here you are.. I'm sixteen now Ella, and I know for a fact with you around, no ones gonna have my eye like you do." She sighed.

"I can't talk to you, Chris. You have a girlfriend." She said and tried to walk away. He only found his self lost with what to say next, he didn't think she'd know, since he never really brought it up. He figured Gordie told her.

"She can be gone, if that's what you want." He said and she just gave him a look that said 'are you serious?'

"If you feel you need to leave her for me, then that's probably what you should do. I'm not saying it's gonna work, but spare her feelings. It's the least you could do, Chris." She was kind of disappointed with how he chose his last words, but that only reflected on him as a character. To her, she saw today that he wasn't exactly boyfriend material.

Little did she know, she already was gone. Maybe that's why Veronica gave her the dirty looks.. but Chris broke things off with Veronica once he was sure Ella  was somewhat feeling the same way. He saw that when she tried to pull him in. He felt bad to leave Vee hanging, but he couldn't fight his feelings. At least he didn't have to pretend or lie to anyone anymore.

"Maybe my words weren't right, what I meant to say is she's gone. Out of the picture. Ella, that's what I've been trying to tell you." He said and she stayed silent for awhile.

"Well, I don't know what you want me to do Chris, I-" he got tired of trying to read how she was feeling. He cut her off by kissing her to see how she'd feel after that.

The kiss went on for quite some time and to his surprise she went along with it. It was something she probably needed, just a little closure from the embarrassment.

"I still don't know what you want me to do.." She said, speaking relationship wise, only this. She couldn't date him cause she was only here for the summer. She just didn't want to get too close to anyone she'd have to leave.

"You can think about it while we enjoy ourselves." He said while fiddling with her fingers. She sighed that he didn't really understand what she meant by that.

"Thats real sweet, Chris, but I'm only here for the summer." She patted his shoulder and walked in her house with that. He stayed on her porch, confused as to what to do now.

  All he knew was he wasn't gonna stop there.