chapter five

It wasn't long till Veronica had seen David without Chris. She only grew curious as to where her boyfriend was. She found her self leaving her friends to go find him, thinking that he might have just never found David after the Ferris wheel.

There he was, typical Chris. He always set off to find a certain friend and came out with a different one. She saw him standing there with Gordie and another girl. The girl was obviously new and very attractive. She saw from a distance how well her and Chris were getting along and didn't like it for some reason.

Vee approached Chris, only standing next to him and Gordie. She didn't want to make it clear to the strange girl that her and Chris were dating.

"Hi, Chris, hi Gordie." She smiled at them.

"Hey, Vee, this is Ella." Gordie introduced the girl and Ella put her hand out.

Ella was getting the feeling that Vee didn't really like her, or something in that sort. But Vee faked a smile and shook her hand.

"I'm Veronica, but people usually call me Vee." She said.

"I'm sorry, I can't help but recognize your new here?" Vee said to the girl.

Ella was hoping that Chris was single but she was getting the vibe of an angry girlfriend on the inside. This only resulted in Ella dealing with the situation by snaking her arms around Gordies waist. He was surprised by this action, but kind of also felt that Veronica didn't really like the thought of Ella and Chris getting along too well, so he played along by putting his arm around her too.

"I come here some summers to visit my grandpa.. Gordies been a friend every time I came here, and now we're, just more?" She gave him a confused look as if to say help me out.

"That's sweet." Veronica smiled then realized she had nothing to worry about here.

Chris on the other hand was jealous, even though he had no right to be. He was confused as to what just happened and if what she just said was true. Even though they discussed how they met, they didn't make it so clear when.

"Well we better get going, it was nice seeing you Veronica. Bye, Chris." Gordie said, still having his arm wrapped around Ella's shoulder. He attempted to get out of that somewhat awkward situation.

"It was nice meeting you guys." Ella smiled and waved bye to the couple. Ella unwrapped his arm from her shoulder not really liking the feeling, but moved on to holding his hand.

"Is it just me or does she not seem too fond of me?" She whispered to Gordie once she realized they were far from them.

"It's not just you." He reassured her.

"What's her deal?" She asked, confused. Although she didn't act rude, it was just a sense.

"Her and Chris were talking for quite some time and only made official last week.. I don't know, he did seem a little too into you for someone with a girlfriend." He explained. Now that it was confirmed that he was off limits it kind of made her feel embarrassed, having kind of been too into him herself.

She just responded by nodding her head and saying, "I see."

After awhile she recognized she was still holding his hand, even though they lost sight of them awhile ago. She didn't feel too off about it, it actually gave her comfort. But she didn't want to get involved with him so she found herself confused about what to do but stayed holding his hand. He felt kind of off, not knowing why she wasn't letting go but he didn't mind it either. He didn't look at it so strange, and didn't think too much of it.

Once Ella finally got the courage to let go, she let go.

"Thanks for helping me out back there, Gordie." She said after dropping his hands.

"What are friends for?" He reassured her that there was no hard feelings left.

*

"How come you don't invite them to come hang out with us sometime?" Veronica asked Chris, having him choke on his food. He was currently eating some fair food, not being too fond of the rides and sticking to the games.

Other than fair foods, that question was what Chris was dreading the most. The last thing he needed was to be in the same room as Ella and Vee at the same time. He couldn't help but not control his self around Ella and wasn't so sure if he'd care. He knew there was something between them with the way her eyes sparkled when she smiled at him. Or maybe he was just delusional and her smile was simply too perfect. Either way, she was a gorgeous girl and was very nice and outgoing.

"I could try, but I don't know, Gordies always busy nowadays." He attempted to lie.

"Well we could maybe go now? I mean he's here, she's here, and we can all be friends." She smiled at Chris, wanting to get to know the pretty girl.

"I'm actually feeling kinda sick, I feel like going home." Chris attempted to dodge that bullet, yet again. She saw the difference in his tone and thought in the back of her head that maybe the girl had an effect on him. I mean, why else would he be avoiding his friend? Maybe she was just crazy and he was actually sick, but maybe she was right. Though she felt this way, she couldn't show it. It had only been a week and she didn't want to drive him away already.

"You probably ate too much.." she said, trying to ignore that little thought in the back of her head.

"That's it. I've eaten more then my stomach can take." He shrugged yet seemed all too fine once again. He saw her looking down to the ground and thought she might think he was acting strange. With that Chris grabbed her hand.

"Let's go get them." He said and she looked up at him with a smile.