9

I smiled like an idiot when I woke up. Alexander was already up and I noticed him sitting on the couch, sipping a cup of tea. 

"Good morning," I said as I stood up and stretched. 

"Good morning. Get dressed, we have to go meet Jordan and his family. Don't forget, we will be in Venice and then we will fly out from there, so pack up all our stuff together, since we won't be coming back here." Alexander said, and I noticed his suitcase already at the door.

I nodded and quickly went off to get an outfit together. I put on a sleeveless cafe colored top, and a skirt with wedges along its length in a beautiful cafe-gold metallic color, and some matching stilettos. I grabbed a tan purse and some gold sunglasses. 

Then I hurriedly packed my suitcase; thankfully, I didn't bring a whole lot of things and it took me only a few minutes to pack my belongings.

I walked out to Alexander. I was ready to conquer a new day.

We walked a couple of blocks until we stopped at another very presentable and luxurious hotel

We walked a couple of blocks until we stopped at another very presentable and luxurious hotel. We entered and sat down in the lobby. 

Almost immediately, Jordan appeared with his wife and a little baby girl. Well, she was closer to two or one, but she was so tiny, I couldn't help but call her a baby.

Our husbands shook hands, and then Jordan proceeded to introduce his family.

 "This is my dear wife, Lexi, and our adorable little daughter, Amelia. Alright, us men will go now, you have fun. We'll see you soon!" 

Jordan gave Lexi a soft kiss on the lips, and Amelia a kiss on the top of her head and headed off. Alexander simply gave my hand a squeeze, but his eyes met mine with a look that said a lot more than his actions. That was plenty enough for me.

"Maria, it is definitely good to finally meet you. Carol told us she met a sweet and kind Russian lady."

I laughed. "Yes, Alexander and I are both from Russia."

"I can hear it, your English is quite perfect, but there is definitely an accent." 

"Oh, thank you." 

"Now, we have the entire day to tour the city of Venice. It will be a little hard on a gondola with a little one, but we will make do. Where would you like to go first?"

Lexi was a very beautiful woman with large hazel eyes, dark long eyelashes and a sweet smile. She had brown hair tied back in a neat bun, probably to make life easier. Long messy hair did not go well with little children.

She has on a beige sleeveless dress, with large dark red and blue shapes, and blue stilettos. She had on a pair of gold studs and carried a blue purse in one hand, and her little girl in the other.

 She had on a pair of gold studs and carried a blue purse in one hand, and her little girl in the other