"Don't worry about that, Jack. I have Sue's best interest at heart. Let me know."

***

At suppertime Jay wasn't hungry. Early evening, they took her and Levi for a walk in the neighbourhood. And Jay ended up on her dad's shoulders almost immediately. Jack and Sue talked about the offer.

They agreed that D was right and that she had nothing to lose. It would keep her inside the bullpen, even if it was only for a few hours a week and she could stop working anytime she wanted.

"Jay probably wouldn't mind seeing her little day care buddy from time to time," said Jack. "But it's up to you, sweetheart."

"I have to admit that I am very tempted. Could we stop by the bullpen tomorrow morning?"

"Deal."

After Jay's bath, they all cuddled on the couch to read Jay's story, but Jay was passive.

"Jack, she is warmer than usual," Sue observed after touching her forehead.

"Maybe she is just tired. She had a warm bath. Let's get her to bed.

Jay didn't argue. She hugged blue bear and closed her eyes.

"Levi, get up here. Good boy. Keep an eye on her."

They closed the door.

Sue phoned D to let him know her decision. Then her parents called to let them know they would drive in sometimes during the evening. And Jack's parents were flying in late afternoon. Jack invited them for supper.

"I am going upstairs, Jack."

Jack found his wife in Jay's room. Jay was sleeping peacefully and was just a tad warm. Jack followed Sue in their bedroom and proceeded in helping her taking her shirt and jeans off. His smile turned into a large grin when he saw the yellow underwear.

"You want them wet or not," he asked mischievously, as he dragged her in the bathroom and turned the water on, before shedding his own clothes.

"And what do you think you are doing?"

"Saving on water," he told her, pulling her with him under the corner shower.

"Ja—"

His lips sought hers, and he kissed her madly, furiously. His hands caressed her skin along with the hot water. For the first time, he got his way with the provocative yellow underwear as they fell on the bottom. Her hands held on to his back as her knees threatened to buckle underneath her. Her lips placed kisses along his chest and shoulder. She gasped when he pinned her back against the cold wall, his body quickly warming her up. The water trickled down her face as his lips trailed up from her shoulder to her throat. The fire burned wilder, untamed. When she murmured his name, his lips met hers, and he avidly explored her mouth. His body pressing hers firmly against the wall, kept her from disintegrating at the bottom of the shower as he made passionate love to her.

He pulled her away from the wall, his arms securely wrapped around her as the water slowly appeased their overheated body. She held on to his shoulders, her legs too weak still, to carry her weight. He placed soft kisses in her wet hair. When he felt she was steady enough on her feet, he took the soap and gently massaged her with it.

"Mama, dada."

The little voice startled him, as they were about to come out. Jack took a towel, wrapped it around his waist and exited the shower. Jay was standing a few feet away with big tears falling down her cheeks.

'What's wrong, angel?' he signed before picking her up in his arms.

'Ears hurt,' she signed before burying her burning face against his wet chest, her hands on her ears. He kissed her.