Chapter 37: The Allmother

The raging fire that was burning down the city was making it hard to see. The stone path that lead to the tower was your only guide. Sounds of crumbling brick and crackling wood made quite the spectacle.

Happy: Is anyone else unsure about all of this? I mean, Ultear said that this lady was a god... could we just say sorry and leave?

Carla: As much as I don't like this, we have no choice but to face this "Allmother". Quell your fear tomcat.

Happy took a serious look and fell silent.

Gajeel: I can see the outline of the tower... it's massive.

Beyond the smoke laid the tower. The ancient brickwork stood strong. Its red and black stone was untouched by any ash or soot. An iron gateway cut an arch into the bricks.

You: Well, this is it guys. She's just behind this gate.

You could see your friends shaking a little bit, everyone except for Natsu.

Natsu: We can do this... I know we can.

He stares a hole through the gate.

Natsu: We're Fairy Tail after all. In life or death, we will always be wizards of the greatest guild in Fiore.

Erza: I want you all to know that I've never been prouder of you guys.

Allmother: I will destroy their spirit before I break their bodys

You angrily clench your fists.

Pantherlilly: Everything alright (R/N)?

You: Everything's fine. I'm just ready to punch this god in the face.

Allmother: You will try. You WILL fail.

You: Let's go get her!

You punch the gate appart. It falls to the ground with a loud bang.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Romeo felt the crisp, cold wind pelt his face with snow. The dragon he and his older guild mates we're riding on was flying at break neck speeds.

Romeo: Excuse me!? Miss dragon lady!?

He had to yell in order to talk to the dragon because of the fast winds.

Dragon: Yes young human?

Romeo: Where are we going!?

Dragon: Underground. Son is underground.

Romeo: I know that, but why are we going out this far if he's underground!?

Dragon: Old home. He is at old home. Old home underground.

Romeo: Aaaand my answer is still unanswered...

Levy: GUYS! LOOK AT THE SKY!

A deep red beam of blinding like shoots into the atmosphere. An unbelievable aura of power engulfed the earth. Shockwaves shake the sea below causing tsunami sized waves to crash against eachother.

Mirajane: What's going on!?

The grey dragon started to fly faster. Her wings glowed with blue power as she grew angry.

Dragon: DANGER! HE IS IN DANGER!

The gang went deaf from the dragon's booming voice.

Dragon: FASTER! FASTER!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The stairs seemed endless. Each set of stairs went up the tower in a spiral.

Allmother: Hurry up. I grow ever more bored.