twenty

"So... did you shag?" Were the first words out of Marcie's mouth the next morning. As blunt and untrue as they were Theia couldn't help but smile.

"Good Merlin, did you shag Black?" Gasped Lily, sounding absolutely horrified. The red heads face morphed into one of disgust. "You know what, I don't want to know."

Theia rolled her eyes. "We didn't shag, we just... talked."

Marcie laughed. "I guess that's okay too. Considering I thought for sure you were going to jinx him into oblivion, it's a happy medium if you ask me."

"I also told him that I love him." Theia said so quickly that the words were all jumbled together.

Lily scrunched her eyebrows together, not sure if quite caught what her best friend had said. "I'm sorry, I don't know if I heard that right."

Meanwhile Marcie's mouth hung open, her eyes wide. "No bloody way. The Slytherin ice queen fell in love with the Gryffindor bad boy. I mean I knew it was coming but this kind of stuff only happens in novels."

It was Lily's turn to roll her eyes at her friend. She looked at Theia, but really looked at her. The girl was glowing. Her usual pale skin now had a faint  blush to it, or maybe it was the way she was smiling for no reason at all— which made Lily happy. She was so happy that her friend was happy, after all, she had been going through a rough patch especially with her family.

"Although Sirius and I have had our differences, I'm so glad that you're happy, Theia." Lily smiled.

The Slytherin felt a sure of admiration for her friends. How could her parents, or anyone really, think that because they weren't pure blood that they weren't worth having. Blood status meant nothing, not when people were so unbelievably kind and genuine.

"Thank you, I don't think I've been this happy in a long time." Theia said truthfully.

Suddenly a heavy arm was around her shoulder. "Seeing you smile is kind of scary." James' familiar voice prompted.

Theia turned to the marauder who had his signature smirk on his face. His black hair was tousled and his glasses were falling down the bridge of his nose.

"Wow, thanks Potter. You are too kind." She said blandly, not impressed.

James held his hands up in defense. "I mean, your smile isn't scary, it's just the fact that you are smiling that's scary."

Marcie groaned. "Oh for the love of Merlin, please just stop, no wonder Lily thinks you're a prat you need to work on your game."

The boy flared at her, "I have game, thank you very much."

"If you say you have game you probably don't have game." Marcie pointed out.

"Unbelievable!" Lily sighed, exasperated by the bickering.

Theia couldn't help the little smile that formed on her face. "It's true."

James grunted and walked away while Lily gave her friend a look that said stop encouraging their bad behavior.

"Good morning, love" Sirius came, winding an arm around Theia's waist and planting a kiss on her cheek.

She immediately felt heat rise to her face, especially when born Marcie and Lily groaned simultaneously.

"And so it begins." Marcie mumbled, pulling Lily by her cloak marching their way to class.

"Amazing. Had I known it was that easy to chase them off I would've asked you out months ago." Sirius proclaimed

"Be nice." She scolded

"I could try but it would just pain me." He said matter of factly.

Theia rolled her eyes. "I hope you're aware that they're a part of the package deal."

Sirius looked thoughtful for a minute, running a hand through his curls. After a moment he nodded. "I'm okay with that, I can always annoy them away if it comes to that but what you need to be made aware of is that the lads are also a part of a package deal."

She had thought about that, quite a lot in fact. But it wasn't as big of a deal as it would've been at the start of the school year. She had grown fond of the marauders, every single one of them. Her friends on the other hand have not.

"I guess as long as Lily can go without strangling James we should all get on just fine."

Sirius grimaced. "She ought to just give him a chance you know. He's a good person."

"Let it happen on its own time, you can't rush things like that." She offered, taking hold of his hand and walking off towards the courtyard.

His hand get calloused against her soft one, but they molded together perfectly. It was mad to think that they just blended so perfectly well together, like they were two missing halves to a whole.

Theia never thought she'd feel so comfortable with a boy so quickly, let alone Sirius Black. Yet here they were, holding hands probably looking starry eyed walking together while everyone watched on.

"You'd think they'd never seen people holding hands before." Theia muttered, shifting closer to Sirius. She'd be lying if she said the stares didn't bother her, especially the glares she was getting from her fellow Slytherins.

How was she to survive the rest of the year let alone the next two?

Sirius squeezed her hand tighter. "Don't worry about it. It's just something we're going to have to get used to. Two blood traitors who fell in love, they've never seen that before."

Theia gave him a look. "Didn't your cousin marry a muggleborn?"

He looked thoughtful for a moment. "Wow, it's easy to forget. It's never really been something I've given much thought to."

She smiled gently. "As it should be."

"I was thinking." Sirius began

"Don't hurt yourself." Theia joked moving to tuck a piece of hair that was falling into Sirius' eye behind his ear.

He rolled his eyes. "I want to take you out, like on a real date."

She met his eyes and her breath hitched slightly at the look he was giving her. "Erm, okay."

His lips twitched up into a small grin, he obviously knew he had some sort of affect on her and she didn't really like that he was so smug about it.

"Next Hogsmeade weekend we're ditching our friends and going on a date." He said firmly.

They reached their desired destination, potions and Theia smiled before entering the room.

"Just beg to Merlin that Marcie doesn't find out we're trying to ditch them. We might have to find a way to make ourselves invisible to escape that little stalker." Theia only half joked before entering the classroom.