five

Chapter Five: That's awfully Gryffindor of you

"I absolutely loathe him," Lily fumed as the two girls walked together during their rounds.

This was how they usually spent their prefect duties, mostly because when you do it with your best friend it doesn't drag out as long.

Theia laughed, remembering what had happened in potions class earlier this morning. "I'm sure he didn't mean to do it," she assured her friend.

Lily scoffed, "He's a bloody tosser,"

Earlier that morning in potions, James was watching Lily and Severus who had been partnered up. Severus being the person he is decided that he could kill two birds with one stone and blatantly flirted with the oblivious Lily mostly just to piss off Potter.

Naturally, toerag was green with jealousy and hexed snape but it had rebounded off the cauldron and right at Lily who promptly burst into rather larger, horrid looking boils.

Needless to say, Lily was furious and James was mortified.

"At least he apologized," Theia pointed out, and then furrowed her eyebrows. "Profusely."

Lily shook her head, "He hasn't stopped apologizing since it happened, I can't understand how he doesn't see that I'm not interested."

"He's persistent, I think it's sweet,"

"You're joking me," the redhead glared.

"Okay, it's a bit annoying but his heart is in the right place. He'd give you both of his kidneys you only need ask," Theia retorted.

Lily rolled her eyes, "I wouldn't accept anything from that twit,"

Theia grinned widely at her fiery friend. "He's like a little puppy, always following you around like he does."

"Puppies are actually quite nice to look at, I wouldn't call Toerag easy on the eyes," Lily responded.

Theia shot her friend a look, because they both knew that what had just came out of Lily's mouth was a complete and utter lie. "Lily, he's probably the fittest boy in our year,"

"Really? What about Sirius then?"

Theia furrowed her eyebrows. "What about him?"

Lily rolled her eyes. "Are you going to deny that he's good looking?"

"I'd rather not blow up his substantial ego," she muttered.

The girls continued their rounds together, having already caught two snogging couples. Theia found it comical especially when Lily began shouting profanities and taking house points away.

"Honestly, it's school not a bloody brothel,"

Theia choked, and opened her mouth to say something but was interrupted by a string of profanities and shouts.

The two girls looked at one another and made their way down to the dungeons where they had heard the voices coming from.

Once down there, Theia's eyes widened, because there in front of her was a duel between eight very familiar boys.

"What is going on here?" Shouted Lily, her green eyes flickering with fury.

Promptly, four marauders, and four Slytherins: Severus Snape, Rabastan, Jeremy Nott, and Avery, stood Wands in hand, mid-curse looking as if they had just gotten caught breaking into the ministry of magic.