xiv.

read the authors note at the end please. important.

burning.

Waking up this morning was something I dreaded. The memories of last night flooded my brain along with the words Scott kept saying to me over and over again. 'Are you cheating on me?' Why would he think that I would cheat on him? He's the first boyfriend that I ever had and I would never do anything to jeopardize are relationship.

For the first time in my whole entire life I'm happy. I'm not locked downstairs in the basement, I'm not being treated like an animal, I'm able to choose who my boyfriend or mate is, and I'm not forced into doing things I don't want to. I'm happy and free.

I walk up the steps, my white v-neck clinging to my body from not changing out of them last night when I got home. I honestly feel bad for lying to Scott about seeing Kyle, not once but twice and not telling him. I don't want him to worry about me, he needs to focus on finishing his junior year and not me and my stupid problems.

Sometimes I feel like a burden to everyone, I just randomly pop up and Scott and I have to be mated in order for me to not die. Now, I have to deal with Kyle and see what he wants. I don't like having to rely on people to solve my problems and I don't want them to have to deal with them either. The less people know about Kyle, the less stress people have to go through.

"Acacia?" My thoughts seemed to disperse once I heard his voice and the anger I felt last night decided to come back like I was the fucking Incredible Hulk.

"What?!" I snap, wanting to go take a shower and get the dried up mud off my legs.

I was so hurt and pissed last night I forgot to change out of my clothes and clean off my legs, so now I smell like mud and sweat from running last night.

"I'm sorry." Scott says, grabbing my arm and stopping me from going into the bathroom.

I sighed, looking at Scott waiting for him to continue his speech. Can I please just go shower?

"Acacia, the reason I asked that is because I feel like you're lying to me," He steps closer to me, staring deeply into my brown eyes.

"I also feel like I'm losing you. I can't have that happen. Every time something good happens to me I end up losing it and I can't lose you. I love you so much and I just.." Scott suddenly drops his head, breathing heavily almost like he's about to.. cry?

Oh my gosh I feel like the world's most terrible girlfriend. I never thought how it would effect Scott or how he would feel. I'm being a selfish brat and I honestly hate it so much. Despite all of the shit that's going on with me, I should be thinking about how Scott feels because he's nothing but sweet and kind to me. I honestly wish I could just tell him about Kyle but I really don't want him to get hurt.

I immediately wrapped Scott in a hug, his face buried in my neck and I could feel his tears hit my neck. Why am I such a terrible girlfriend? I kiss his head, rubbing soothing circles into as I hold him tighter to my body.

"I'm so sorry.." He keeps repeating it over and over again and all I feel is guilt.

The guilt of lying to him and for snapping at him last night. I pull his face away from my neck, cupping his cheeks and kissing his tears away. I smiled at him sadly, kissing his forehead gently and lovingly.

"Stop saying you're sorry; I'm the one who should be. You've done nothing wrong but helped me out and loved me unconditionally. You've been nothing but helpful so don't blame yourself when something bad happens, okay?" He nodded his head, Scott sniffling adorably causing a smile to blossom on my face.

"I love you, Scott McCall."

I kiss him, slowly and gently to make sure that he gets the meaning of my words. I love him so much and I honestly need to stop thinking about myself and start thinking about Scott. I don't think I could ever handle losing him..

≫≫≫≫≫≫

"You and Scott got into a fight last night?" Derek asks me, raising his eyebrows in surprise.

I set my feet on the table in his loft and lean back into the couch, doing my Chemistry homework. I asked Derek to come pick me up after school to just chill with them and have fun. They may seem like they're scary or intimidating but in all honestly they're just a bunch of crazy family members that can get on your nerves but you love them to much to hate them.

"Yeah.. but everything is good with us now. We just had a misunderstanding basically, nothing too serious." I shrug my shoulders, figuring out the bonds between oxygen and titanium.

The loft door opened, and the familiar scent of my godfather wafted into my nods along with the one scent I never wanted to smell again. Kyle..

I drop my stuff onto the table in front of me, standing up quickly feeling my claws and teeth sharpen.

"What is he doing here!?" I growl at Peter, narrowing my flashing eyes onto the idiot behind him.

He hasn't changed a bit, same dark brown curly hair, same sapphire colored eyes and the same smirk that I hate seeing. I just hate seeing him in general.

"Somebody's not happy to see me." His voice was still the same deep voice that used to scare me but now all I feel when I hear him is hatred.

I ignore him, waiting for Peter to explain. I could feel Derek moving towards me, probably confused as to why I'm acting this way.

"I asked him to come." Peter says simply, ignoring the whole reason why I'm angry.

"Why!?" I ask sharply. Again, I felt like I was the fucking Incredible Hulk ready to explode and turn into the other guy.

"Because I have knowledge that's going to keep you alive and aware." Kyle spoke up, smirking causing me to growl at him.

I look at Peter wondering what information that Kyle could possibly have that would be significant to me.

"You didn't tell her?" I turned around to look at Derek, wondering what they didn't tell me.

"Tell me what?"

Peter sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose. Why in the hell are they taking so long to tell me!? Just tell me already!

"Acacia..." He paused, staring at me sympathetically

"You're being hunted."

And I swear in that moment, the other guy calmed down and my heart stopped.

Authors note:

Okay, so I honestly don't know where to go with this story right now and I need help. I would really appreciate it if you guys would comment more and tell me what you guys would like to see in the next chapters. I really don't know what you guys think of this story anymore and it would be really nice if you could tell me.

I feel terrible for asking you guys to do that but it would really help!

qotc: what's your favorite movie?

Mine is the avengers! I'm a freaking marvel fanatic! I love superheroes especially the Incredible Hulk and Captain America.

I start highschool tomorrow! oh my gosh I feel really nervous!

I hope you guys like the chapter!

Please comment! and please vote!

Thank you and love you guys lots.

-ccurrents