vii.

red lights. 

"Scott where are you going?" I catch up to him.

I grab his shoulder twisting him around, his brown eyes filled with confusion and something else I can't put my finger on.

"Acacia, this is all too much." He tells me, running his fingers through his hair.

I furrow my eyebrows, what does he mean? Does he not want to be with me? I understand why; it's a lot for both of us but I never knew any of this and it's involving me a lot more than him. I could feel tears filling my eyes, threatening to cascade down on my rosy cheeks.

Scott is the only person who can make me forget about my past and everything else; he actually makes me feel something.

"What are you saying S-Scott?" My heart is literally pounding in my chest and hurts a lot.

He sighs, closing his eyes before reopening them and walking towards his bike.

"I think we should hold off for awhile."

A tear escapes my eye, and I wipe it away hastily.

"So we shouldn't be together than?" I question my voice breaking.

"Yeah." He says.

I sighed as tears fell from my eyelids, my brain scattered with thoughts and the memory of what Scott said to me last night after we got home. Why did we have to find that out?

I didn't think I'd be crying this hard before; sitting here looking out at the lights below me was just making everything I needed to get out, come out.

I was so sick of everything, my life was terrible and the sad thing is that it's my birthday tomorrow. I shouldn't be feeling like this; sad, depressed, an crying my eyes. I should be happy, I'll be seventeen which means I have one year left as a teenager.

But the thing is, everyone has their breaking point and mine was starting now.

/\

Lydia was letting me stay with her for a couple of days; she's been here for me and I don't think I could of asked for a better friend. She took me in when I needed someone the most, I miss living with Scott, Isaac, and Melissa but I decided to let Scott have time to himself. Even though it pains me, he needs to think and I don't want to interfere with that.

"Cacia, are you gonna go with me to the bonfire?" Lydia asks, leaning in the doorway of the guest bedroom I'm staying.

I sigh, shrugging my shoulders as I close my English text book.

"I might, Im kinda not in the mood for partying." I explain.

Lydia walks into my room, her brown boot cladded feet making noise as she sits on the bed next to me.

"How are you holding up with all this stuff going on?" She asks softly.

"I'm doing alright." I smile but its not quite reaching my eyes.

She chuckles at me. "You remind me so much of Allison."

I title my head at her. Who's Allison? I never knew, or heard of her before until now.

"Who is she?" I question softly.

Lydia sighs, a painful but happy smile coming across her face.

"She was my bestfriend. She was a strong, brave, and courageous girl. When I first met her she was shy and timid but once she warmed up to me we instantly clicked." Tears glazed in her eyes.

"She was also Scott's first girlfriend, first love, first everything. They loved each other so much but once she found out that he had lied to her about things she was so heartbroken and she reminds me so much of you because she looked exactly like how you are now. She was heartbroken just like you are now."

"What happened to her?" I question softly, squeezing her hand softly.

I can really tell this is hurting her a lot and just her being open with me was making me see that she was a really great person.

"She passed away. Allison was trying to save Stiles and I but she ended up getting stabbed. I blame myself everyday for it but if she were still here she'd say it wasn't your fault and that's what Im going to say to you- it's not your fault that you were born like that. Don't beat yourself up, Acacia."

I smile at Lydia softly, pulling her into a quick hug. "Thank you."

I eventually ended up going to the bonfire. It was really cold so all I wore was a grey hoodie and light washed blue jeans with brown boots. I was just talking to Lydia and Stiles until I saw Scott walk in with Isaac.

I sighed my heart aching in my chest as I saw him. I really wanted to walk over to him and kiss him but he needed space and I was going to give it to him. Are eyes connected and I smiled at him weakly, and sadly.

I just wish everything could go back to being the same.

Scott walks over to us, a smile on his lips. I look down at my cup that was in my hand finding it more interesting and more easy than looking at Scott.

"Hey guys." He says.

Everyone greets him while I just stay silent. It hurts to much to look at him or to even just talk to him.

But suddenly, my body started shifting and before I knew it I had claws, sharp teeth, and glowing black eyes.

Humanity went away and the animal was unleashed..

Authors Note: Hey guys! I hope you like it! I have 1k reads! Thank you so much!!! I just started this book so thank you thank you!

I love you guys so much!

vote and comment please!

Feedback is appreciated!

-ccurrents