Chapter 22 "I Got Your Crazy"

Back at the Firehouse Casey's steaming.
Walking back to Boden's office, he knocks on the door, Boden waves him in.
"What can I do for you Casey?" Boden asks.
"I want Shaylynn transferred back here," Casey tells him.
"It was her request to be transferred, so my hands are tied," Boden tells him.
Casey gets even more pissed off and walks out.

Out in the Common room, everyone is sitting around being quit.
"Has anyone seen Casey?" Herrmann asks.
"He went back to see Boden," Severide tells him.
Herrmann walks out and starts walking down the hall but quickly reappears in the Common room.
"I thought you were going to the Bullpen for Casey?" Otis asks him.
"He's heading this way and he looks mad," Herrmann says as everyone looks and sees Casey walk past the Common room with a pissed off look on his face.
After a couple of hours, another call comes in.

~~~~~~

At the call is House 66.
The Lieutenant looks to see the trucks from 51 pulling up.
"What the hell! Is 51 the only other Firehouse in this damn city?!" he says as he watches them get out and gear up.
Around eight houses are on fire seeing as how close they are. The fire just spread from one to the other.
Casey starts looking around when he catches a glimpse of blonde hair. He gets a little smile on his face before going into the first house.
With so many fires, both Firehouses are going in and out together.

Up on the second floor of the fourth house, a couple of Firefighters are searching.
One walks out of one room while the other comes out of another one.
"Matt?" Shaylynn questions.
"Yeah," he says when he hears cracking.
He looks up and sees a beam that's about to fall. Throwing himself at her, he knocks her to the floor as the beam falls barely missing them.
Casey stands up and puts his hand out to her to help her up.
"We have to get out of here!" he tells her.
She nods at him then starts down the stairs with Casey behind her.
Everyone outside heard the beam fall and is watching the house to see Casey and Shaylynn walk out together.
"SHAYLYNN!" the Lieutenant yells at her.
Shaylynn takes off her helmet and her mask, she looks over at Casey, "Thank you," she tells him before walking off.
Casey watches her walk away as he takes off his tank, then his turnout coat.
"WHAT WERE YOU DOING IN THERE WITH HIM!" the Lieutenant yells at her.
Casey hears him yelling and turns around to see he's yelling at Shaylynn.
Casey gets a pissed off look on his face as Severide turns and looks at him seeing if he's going to have to stop Casey from going over there. 

Shaylynn says something to him that Casey can't hear

"THAT'S NO EXCUSE! YOU'RE WITH THIS FIREHOUSE NOW! NOT WITH THAT DICKS FIREHOUSE! YOU'RE PATHETIC FOR MARRYING HIM!" the Lieutenant yells at her.
This sets Casey off!
He starts making his way over until Severide, Otis, and Herrmann stop him.