Field Trip

A/N Requested by my friend Heidi708 :) 

Peter stared at the form and groaned. A field trip to his home? Pfff, like he was going to that. 

Everyone else started chatting excitedly, the teacher trying to talk over the top of them all, explaining the logistics of the field trip, while Ned and Peter talked about how they were going to convince their parents to let them have the day off on the day. 

"Shuri's gonna be coming for that week, maybe we can have a sleepover at the tower the night before and spend time with her, that' be a great excuse." Peter said. 

"Shuri? As in the princess of Wakanda?" Ned asked, his face lighting up like a christmas tree. 

"Yep." Said Peter, popping the p. 

"Cool!!" Ned said, just as MJ made her way over to them, ignoring the teacher's protests until he gave up. 

"Hey are you losers going to the field trip?" She asked, pulling up the chair from the desks in front of Ned and Peter, sitting on it and leaning on Peter's desk. 

"No, we're gonna try to get the day off to spend some time with Shuri, wanna come?" 

"Sure." MJ said, opening her drawing pad and beginning to draw the teacher's face, adding it to her collection of people in crisis. It took Peter a moment to realise she had stolen his pencil, but he didn't mind.

The class was talking loudly, some walking around the classroom, the teacher trying and failing to quieten them down, one kid actually throwing their chair at him when he tried to get them to move seats. This sort of thing was quite common in their class, so nobody was really bothered by it anymore, finding it actually funny when the teacher started yelling at them all, face red and veins throbbing. 

Peter felt sorry for the teacher; nobody listened to the man, and seemed to find that since he couldn't control them all, they could have free rein. 

Finally the bell rang and everyone flooded for the door, ignoring the teacher's desperate yells to them all, telling them to stay back. 

Peter, Ned and MJ were last out, taking their time to walk. 

"I'll use my puppy dog eyes, maybe a couple of tears, Dad'll say it's fine." Peter was saying, the three heading towards the exits, where Happy was waiting for him in the sleek black car. 

"Alright, text me tonight I'll need evidence for my mum." Ned said. 

MJ looked up from her book as Peter took her shoulders, directing her away from the incoming crowd of people she had been about to walk into, too far absorbed into her book to notice them. 

"Thanks loser," she said. "When was this again?" 

"Next week, thursday night. I'll text the group chat, then you guys can ask your parents." 

"Okay." MJ went back to her book, heading over to the bus she normally took to get home. 

***

"Please Dad? We just wanna spend some time with Shuri! She hardly ever comes to visit, and Ned and MJ haven't met her yet! It'll just be one day!" Peter asked, on his knees in the lab in front of Tony, hands clasped together as he begged him, eyes teary and big in his perfect puppy dog eyes. 

Tony sighed, trying not to look at Peter, who grabbed his leg as he stood up. Tony started walking to the elevator, which was quite hard seeing as he had a teenager stuck to his leg. 

He ended up dragging Peter into the elevator, trying to tune out Peter's constant begging. 

He had made a coffee and was about to drink it when he had had enough.