Nikki was cut off by Kat's phone going off, her frowning when she saw her sister's face pop up on the screen.

"Oh no."

"You've screwed her over mum."

"I did no such thing!" Nikki gasped, "Don't worry sweetheart, I'm sure she's just calling to see how you're doing."

"If it were a facetime call, yes. But this is a regular call. She only calls me like that when she's mad."

"Why would she be mad?"

"Engaged before her, engaged away from her, engaged at 22, engaged at all. Really, it could he anything."

"Does she not like my boy?" Nikki frowned, stopping Kat from answering the call.

"What? No! Of course she does! She's just very overprotective of me-"

"Kat if you don't answer that call, she will kill you."

"Right. Thanks Sammy."

The family watched her quickly walk off, saying something in Spanish into the phone before stepping outside.

"I really didn't think it would be that big of a deal."

"I'm surprised there aren't paparazzi outside waiting to catch a glimpse of Kat's engagement ring."

Nikki only brushed off her son, taking over for Kat while she, now outside and alone, put the phone and speaker and set it down while she stood over it nervously.

[Kat: regular,
Kris: bold,
Alex: italics,
Tom: bold/italics]

"Hello?"

"Hello little sister."

"Heyyyy."

"Got anything to tell me?"

"No. I don't think-"

"Please tell me he at least knocked you up first and that's why you two are engaged all of a sudden so soon?"

"Jesus Christ Alex! Really?"

"I'm expecting that godchild of mine by the end of the year."

"Fuck off. There's no baby and there's no-"

"I swear to fucking god if you got engaged Katalina Isabel Perez-"

"I didn't get engaged you psycho!"

"Switch to Facetime! Now!"

"Fine!"

"Look! No ring!"

"You could've easily taken it off before-"

"I'm not engaged!"

"Then why is his mom calling you her daughter in law on Instagram?"

"Cause she loves me so much she wants me to be her daughter in law- doesn't mean I actually am."

"Oh... well she should clarify that in her post."

"I'm sure she'll get right to it."

"Don't fuck with me Katalina. I swear if I miss your proposal, I will end you."

"Who says you'll even be there? I'd like my proposal be something between me and Tom, thank you very much."

"Bullshit. You'd want everyone there... unless there's a reason for you two to get married so suddenly like I don't know-"

"Do not fucking finish that sentence Alex."

"I'm not pregnant!"

"Well. That's good to know."

"Fuck."

"That's Tom, isn't it?"

"Gotta go."

"Get her pregnant, Tom!"

"How much of that did you hear?" Kat chuckled nervously, slipping her phone into her back pocket.

"Enough to know that Alex still wants me to get you pregnant, my mum told the world we're married and your sister wants to be there for our engagement."

"So, everything?"

"Basically, yeah."

"I'm so sorry," Kat whispered, but Tom shook his head, walking over to her with a smile.

"You have nothing to be sorry for. My mum on the other hand..."

"Oh no," she frowned, "Don't be upset with her. She didn't mean for everything to turn to shit from it. She underestimated her son's popularity."

"Or her daughter in law's beauty," Tom smirked, brushing her hair back.

"Oh, stop," Kat blushed, placing her hands on his chest.

"Seriously. The second I saw that picture, I asked mum to send me all the other photos she took of you."

"So now you have pictures of me baking with your family? Not exactly something you could-"

"How's everything going out here?" Nikki asked nervously.

"It's going good mum," Tom smiled at her, tugging Kat close to him, "Better than ever."

"Good. Kat the first batch came out and the cookies are delicious!"

"Oh my god, thank you," Kat beamed, immediately getting out of Tom's grip to follow his mom inside, "I worked so hard to find the perfect recipe and I finally..."

"Your girlfriend just left you for our mum. She is definitely her daughter in law," Harry smirked.

Tom chuckled a bit, nodding as he followed him inside to see the three women now talking in the kitchen.

"She is- or will be... eventually."

"Well, at least now you know not to tell mum or she'll tell everyone before you even get the chance to propose."

"Yeah, definitely know that now," Tom smiled, slowly turning to the twins, "But, surely, I can trust you two with a little secret?"

Instantly, the twins lit up, nodding quickly and Tom revealed what he had been hiding for a while, not knowing that Paddy- who was also very much like Tom and his mother when it came to keeping secrets, had heard everything.